Closer

(I have a feeling this book is gonna be as long as HomeLess. lol)

Tommy-

Waking up to being tied up had definitely been one of his wet dreams before. Having it actually happen, however, was a bit confusing, to say the least. His mind was hazy as he began to come around, but Tommy knew that his hands were definitely tied behind his back. 

Thank god I'm on my side. 

It would have been extremely painful to wake up on his belly. Any weight on his injury was still quite unpleasant. Flexing his fingers, Tommy quickly realized what was really going on. Or who, to be exact. 

Why couldn't he have woken me up before tying me up?

The thin twine ropes around his knuckles were nothing to laugh about. They were tied exquisitely, making him unable to bend his fingers more than a few centimeters. He definitely couldn't move them enough to try and undo Christopher's handiwork. 

Damn he's good. 

He wasn't surprised by that fact, but he was a bit sad that he'd managed to sleep through it all. 

I shouldn't have taken those pain meds. 

He'd needed them after the insane taxi ride back to his place, then taking Skipper out twice, but now he almost regretted taking the two small pills. Noticing that he was facing away from the clock, he carefully rolled over onto his back to check the time. 

Almost nine at night. 

Tommy knew that he'd needed to rest more, but almost twelve hours? A quiet bark by the door to his bedroom brought his eyes to Skipper. The small dog was wagging its little tail feverishly, front paws tapping on the carpet with excitement. 

I know you're excited to see your master. Can we trade spots for a bit, though? 

The dog gave another small yip before darting back down the hall. "Fine then, leave me alone to suffer under his tyranny." 

"I didn't think tying you up so simply would make you think that highly of me." 

Tommy bit his tongue at Christopher's words as the man slowly made his way into the room and dropped down into a chair that he had to have brought earlier from the dining room table. It was situated right next to Tommy's bed, and as Chris sat, a gentle wave of his scent met Tommy's nose. It was his own soap. He'd used my shower. 

Not that he minded, but it didn't help calm his racing heart. The damp sheen to Christopher's hair only solidified his conclusion, but Tommy forced himself to not think about it... too much. He could see dark circles clearly defined under the man's eyes, and had no doubt that he'd used the shower to try and wake himself up. 

I'm going to need a cold shower soon, too. 

"What was all that bravado at my place?" Chris asked. 

Tommy met Christopher's eyes as he smiled. "Exactly what that word means? I believe the definition is something close to; An action meant to impress or intimidate." 

When Christopher's eyes narrowed on his, the man clearly unimpressed, Tommy gave a slight shrug and let his smile grow a little wider. "I'll let you decide which of the two occurred?" 

Christopher blew out a frustrated sigh as his left hand ran through his formerly straight hair, raising several groups of strands. Delicious. He leaned back in the chair, crossing his arms over his chest and gave his head a slight shake. 

"Neither, Tommy. This needs to end. We are coworkers, not friends with benefits." Christopher said as he got up and leaned over him, undoing the ropes as if a three year old had tied them.