The Siren

My heart beat faster. The girl with the fire brown eyes wore the same simple top as me, but her sand-blonde hair was wet from sea water and her upper body was covered in seaweed. My words got blocked inside, the air got stuck in the lower part of my lungs, and my chest I cautiously touched the face of my mirror image and I had to realise it's nothing like mine. She had full lips and her burning eyes shone with confidence and thirst for adventure. Her skin was strangely slimy from the time spent in seawater. I wanted to caress each and every trait of her face but she grabbed my hand with incredible force. Her touch was cold and felt like death. Her face however, was brimming with life.

"Stop this already," she shouted at me then crossed her arms. "I've never seen such a measly human being so overrun with self pity. Your bad energies were so strong that they even woke me up from my peaceful slumber.

„Are you me?" I asked in a trembling voice.

My mirror image rolled her flame-coloured eyes and shook her head.

„No way! If I were like you, then I'd have buried my head into the mud and I'd never come out of the sea. Boys, annoying parents, and all these theatrical, suicidal thoughts. So pathetic.

I blinked at the girl and I balled my fist next to my body.

„But I've never said these things out loud, and it's none of your business! What are you, anyway? An omnipotent mind reader?"

„Something like that. At least I know much more about guys and life than you had ever known or will ever know." She was picking at his blue nails with a bored expression on her face.

As I looked into the caressing depth of the water mirror, I could see my pale legs shivering under me. However, I couldn't see the girl's feet, it was as if she grew out of the water. I took one step back in fear.

„I thought that your whining is some kind of call for help. And now you're trying to run away, pathetic.

I stopped. The slimy mud under my feet became my enemy and the darkness became denser above the bay. I couldn't see anybody else on the shore. It was cold, my uncovered arms got goose bumps from the wind.

"How could you help me? I don't even know what you're? For all I know, you might drawn me in the water the next minute."

She smiled widely and put her cold, wet arm around my shoulder.

"Wasn't that why you came here?"

First I started trembling then a hotness licked over my body. I'd never felt its likeness before. The strange and irresistible smell of her skin filled my nose. Her light touch reminded me of a shiny, white beach. I was enchanted.

I didn't answer her question, she didn't leave me enough time. She whispered in my ear softly and simply:

„Trevor."

I broke away from her. Nervousness ran through me like electricity. Trevor was my secret. I never told anybody that I was madly in love with my English teacher. I didn't even write his name in my diary. I always used code names.

„I can give you Trevor, if you want. Or you can still chose to drown. It's also a solution. You have to decide."

.v'