Chapter 13- Blue Dinner

His Fake Girlfriend

Chapter 13- Blue Dinner

Clinging sliver wear on plates was all you heard throughout the first five awkward minutes of dinner. I didn’t understand. Why would mom not tell us? She was dating again? What women at her age with four kids dates?! Who is this guy anyways? Some tall spiffy dude walking around my house and eating dinner at our table. How long has this been going on for?

Peter.

Ugh, that’s all I know about the guy. I knew it was too good to be true that mom made this dinner just to impress Sky. She of course had other ideas in mind. I’m a curious overbearing son. I want to know where this guy works, what’s his position, where did he graduate from, his full real name, any record of his as a criminal- even a fucking speeding ticket- I wanted to know where he lived, previous relationships, and hell, I’d like to know his damn social security number.

This Peter guy looked too good. To impressive. Both Jillian and Sky were ogling him since he walked through the door. But no way was he going to pass me. I was going to know this guy’s whole story before he left here tonight.

Sky, sitting on my right glanced at me from the corner of her eye and back to her food for the millionth time tonight. This is probably her fifth awkward moment in the past 72 hours. “Maura, the food is delicious.” Sky speaks up quietly looking over to my mom with a grin on her face.

“Thank you Sky.” Mom replies cheerfully smiling back.

Cling, comes from the sliver wear. Another awkward and quiet moment.

“So, your mom tells me you boys are into sport?” Peter talks looking up from his plate. I glare at me while shoving a piece of chicken in my mouth. Nervously he looks away from me and then to Josh, “Football? Baseball?” He questions. A smile breaks out on his face, “Soccer?” Josh gives it away by grinning as he moves his vegetables around.

“You got it.” The women I call mom says. “Julia dances and Josh plays soccer. He just had a game a few hours ago.”

“Awesome!” Peter praises, “Did you win?”

“Yeah.” Josh replies quickly.  Peter’s smile slightly fades when he notices Josh’s petty enthusiasm to the subject.

“How long have you been dancing Julia?” Peter asks next moving on.

“Since I was seven.” She replies calmly.

“Wow, very impressive.” Peter said nodding his head. “You must be remarkable then.” Julia blushed and took a sip of her lemonade. Julia never blushes. I felt like I was sitting with Sky’s father at dinner again. He’s being so formal, especially with his fancy clothes and good posture. “So Jeremy, your mom tells me you’re in College.” Peter said turning to his head to me now.

I thought my glare the first time told him ‘don’t talk to me.’ I guess he loves my glare so much he wants a second. “We both go to the same College actually.” Sky speaks up for me, kicking her foot at my leg under the table. “I lean more towards the law courses while Jeremy is more interested in the business side of things.” Sky explains using her hands when she talks.

“How very interesting.” Peter remarks, “Where are you from Skylar?” Peter asks questionably with a narrow expression. Why would he care?

“New York.” She replied humbly.

“I’m guessing the city. Am I right?”

“You’re correct.” Sky nods warily.

A huge smile spread across Peter’s face. “Slight accent. Your parents must have a very ascetic and proper jobs. You’re extremely civil, it must have rubbed off from them and onto you.” He points out. I really didn’t understand the concept of any of Peter’s questions.