10

10- DEFENSIVE

"Mom? Yeah I landed, yes I took the money. When will I be back? In two days. Okay bye, I lo- bye." I hung up my phone and frowned. We just landed in new York and right now we were getting out bags from baggage claim.

Ace, Maven, Jax, Minx, Jason were waiting for Levi and I to get our bags. Levi came with me to get my duffle bag." Are you excited?" I ask him.

He shrugged nonchalantly, pointing to a bag that was moving around the conveyer belt. I jumped and got it before it made another lap." Thanks " I mumble.

Heading my way to the taxi place, Levi and I walk in silence. He's been acting weird lately, as if something was bothering him." Do you think the hotel is going to be nice." I ask trying to make small talk.

"I don't care." Ouch

"Oh I tho-" I was cut of by Levi snapping at me.

He glared at me before saying something really harsh"Just shut the f*ck up for one minute Hadley." What did I do? I just asked him a question, I thought we were friends. I guess not.

"Oh sorry- I um nevermind." I tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear and hurried off to leave Levi behind me. I had a frown on my face as I walked up to them.

Maven looked at me and scanned my face. " What's wrong? You didnt lose your luggage did you?" She looked at my hands to see my duffle." Then what's wrong?"

I shake my head plant a fake smile on my face." Its okay, where's our hotel?" I ask looking at her expectantly. Levi can strolling from behind me and trailed his gaze on the floor.

" Its in Manhattan. Our hotel is soooooooo pretty you won't believe it, it's absolutely breathtaking." She gushes. A car pulls up on the curb." Oh here's our taxi, come on everyone."

I jump in the car taking a window seat. I sat in my seat resting my head on the window. I close my eyes and place my hands on my lap, letting my mind drift.

I wonder why Levi is being so horrible to me, we have been getting along so well this is just crazy how he can just switch a flip. I feel someone tall my shoulder, I don't open my eyes to look at them." Are you going to sleep?" Levi's deep voice rings in my ears.

I respond with a ' Hmm? ' His hand lays on my thigh rubbing soothing circles on it. I sigh and fall into a deep slumber.

(This part of the story will be in third person. Sorry if that's an inconvenience, but the only for dream. Chow :) )

The 7 year old girl with brown curly hair bounces with the one single dollar in her hand as she skips deeper in the park. She was so excited that her mom and dad gave her a dollar to buy ice cream.

So excited that she ran off into the park without them. So blind in bliss that she didn't bother to hear the calling of her parents.

She ran and ran until she fell and scrapped her knee. Tears formed in her bright green eyes, her smile turning to a pout then she busted out into full blown sobs.

" Daddy! Mommy! I-I scrapped my knee, I'm going to die! I'm bleeding! Mommy? Daddy?" The little girl looks around to only see strangers, her hiccups stubbornly subsided.

She was scared, she frowned touching gee knee but winced." Oww."

"Hey are you okay?" A boy aged 9 asked the sad girl. He had dark brown curly hair that bounced on his forehead and bright blue eyes that shon.

She shook her head. He bit his lip and stretched out his hand for her to get up. She grabbed it and stumbled getting up." Thank you."

"Your welcome." She looks at the boy she notices that he has dimples on booth sides of his cheeks.

"I'm Levi by the way."

"My names Hadley!" She says excitedly. She looks down at the dollar and then frowns." I wanted an ice cream.."

He looks at her and nods." I can show you to the ice cream truck." Hadley takes his hand and skipped off forgetting her hurt knee.

"But is that the only money you have?" She nods but keeps going." An ice cream is 3 whole dollars. " That makes her freeze and small pout forming on her lips

She really wanted an ice cream." I guess I can't have on-"

"I have two dollars, 2 plus 1 is 3. We can share the ice cream." He explains.

She thinks it over, she would be able to get an ice cream but that means she would have to share it with a boy. But this boy is really nice so she agrees." But your a boy and that means that we are sharing spit."

"That's okay because we are going to get married." She says shifting under his gaze.

"Oooo okay let's go." She says in a squeaky high pitched voice.

They travel across the park to see the ice cream truck perched on a hill. They run up and give the guy the money." Here you go little lady!" They smile and look at the ice cream longingly.

"Can I lick first?"

He nods and she takes a huge lick." Hmmm." They share licks until the cream drips down there faces.

"Where are your parents?" He asks.

She takes another lick." Um I lost them, I really miss them." He looks at her beautiful adorable face but then a great plan launches on his face.

"I'll help you find them, when and only you agree to marry me."

"Marry you?"

"Hadley, Hadley! HADLEY!"

My eyes shoot open and I see Maven looking at me with curious eyes." Yeah Yeah yeah?" I say tiredly.

"We're here." I looked around and see we are out side of a huge building. The buidling was high and had white lights bordering it's sign.

I had this feeling about this dream I had. It felt so weird and foreign "Oh I had the craziest dream." I tell them looking at Ace and Maven.

"What was it about?" Minx asks

"That's just it I don't remember." I say confused.

******************

Short but okay.