Premonition - Another Life Cast Into the Shadows

"Time, a central force for all beings in the multi-verse. This concept controls the very fabric of reality and changes what can and cannot be seen. Therefore it must have an end, for if something has no end it never started." Arch Magi - Solomon.

Stars ripple as time changes, time seems to flow like a river, as this water rushes downward it gives no remorse to the people that fight against its cold embrace. However, Andrew and his wife Viola, specialize in the disturbance of temporal effects. Their research eventually amounted to the extent of a device that allows them to detect rifts that form within the world, and how to set the course of humanity straight forward. One time, to the bellowing sands of ancient Egypt, to save a Pharaoh from death, another time to medieval Britain, to end the reign of the holy king, King Arthur. These are simple moments where time must not be changed since if they were somehow, changed the fabric that binds the world, and the universe together would be unbound. Andrew and Viola, did this several times, yet this time may be their last before a great disaster.

"Viola, where is the device it can tell us where we are within the time-line and how to set the motion of time back on track." Andrew, dreary and soft spoken as if what is happening was normal.

Viola, Andrew's wife, was expressionless and showed no remorse as she scowled at him, as if she would know where the device was.

"Fine, be like that then... Seriously though, do you know where it is." Andrew continues to pester his wife.

"The device must be in this era, we are here after all, and no one else can use it unless they understand the advanced tongue." Viola finally returning to her husband, with a less than satisfied tone.

Advanced tongue, a hybrid of English, Spanish, German, and Russian, the common language from the time of travel between the stars, and the advent of high technology.

After dozens of days left foraging for food and searching for the device, it seemed as if time itself was bending repeating on an endless axis. However, the couple were not aware of this, nor did they consider it, for a force that is unseen has come. Ruthless and unforeseen, the chaos force.

"TIME HAS COME TO A CLOSE, THIS IS THE END. KNOW THAT YOU HAVE BROKEN ANCIENT LAW. SEEK THE GUARDIAN." This was written in the ashes of the pair's fire they used for the previous night.

"The guardian... wasn't that from a fairy tail or something?" Andrew begins entering into a deep thought, now with wrinkles on display.

"Its in our book that tells of events from ancient past that we have to repair, but it wasn't followed by anything, since it was a legend from a long time ago." Viola begins, and then continues with her most normal voice she could ever pull from a hat. "I will read the story; Long time past when world new or forsaken, chaos always follows, this is the chaos force. The force has no shape and shows only in conflict, however it is a hypocrisy since it can only be stopped through conflict. The force that dispels negative conflict, the Guardian, is said to posses the ability to eliminate such a force. During the creation of the world the conflict between the two began and by the time of man the conflict had ended. Yet, at the end of time both ageless forces will begin conflict, and heroes will be chosen to protect the places that the guardian holds most dear. Apparently that's the guardian we must find, does this mean we are heroes?" Viola finishing reading now with sparkles written all over her immaculate face. 

Together coming to a decision the couple ventured toward unknown areas, yet almost as soon they left, what they encountered during the reign of king Arthur began occurring, unexplained foundations of magic, where nothing is set in stone. The scene of serenity and peace, changes into that of chaotic darkness, and at the end of the dark, chaotic realm is a light, this light can speak.

"Humans, you have come from both past, present and future, you are here at the end of time. What are your names?" The force said.

"Umm, I'm Andrew, and this is my wife Viola." Andrew spoke up towards the force, though in enough darkness to appear black.

The voice responds, "That is not what I meant, mortals. I meant the name which you were born from and will return to, the mother soul that connects you to the future, and the past. Yet, it appears you do not understand. Therefore I, the Guardian of Order will make this simple. Either stay in this deep realm of chaos and darkness forever or become Terra Guardians, guardians to protect the times I wish to keep still."

Silence afterwards, provides the answers that the force was looking for. The eyes, they hold more than what can be spoken through words. After sensing the pairs answer the voice continues. "With power, you can shape all, new life and memories will await you. A warning, it is unlikely you will retain your memories, but you will remain the same in many ways. Let your life, recommence and begin as children once more. No more will the rules of reality bind you, you will be my guards and you will protect the people that you will enter pacts with, the pacts will serve you well."

This was the start of the life, of Fate, a contractor, who used to be Viola, an unemotional woman who only cared for science, now a caring forest keeper that aids children. As well as Cross he who wields the blades. A simple farmer, that accepts any work he can find, and has much untapped power. It all begins with a simple stare.