Chapter 6: Creepy Crawlies

Looney POV

We kept our eyes trained on the one above us, I had stopped mumbling a few seconds ago, fear having stolen my ability to speak. I heard a creak and turned to look at the window. My eyes widened and for the first time I felt actual worry for the person that stepped through it.

"Hey! What is taking you girls so long?" Ricky asked, advancing on us. I frantically shook my head as Tom and Jake shouted for him to stop.

He suddenly jolted and flopped forward, we stumbled farther back and stared at his seizing body.

"Oh my god." I mumbled tripping over a stray pot in my haste to back away. Tom grabbed my shirt and dragged me farther back.

"Ricky!" He cried in horror. I scrambled to stand upright as Jake quickly came over to us. The fat alien walked over to Ricky's body, chuckling like an idiot.

"What the hell's your problem?!" I yelled at it angrily, Jake tightly gripped my upper arm. The alien carried something in his hand and attached something to his ear, still giggling to itself.

"What's happening to him?!" Tom questioned frantically as Ricky continued to convulse. We didn't answer, just continued to watch in fear.

"Now the fun begins." The alien said, Jake and Tom both pulled me farther back with them as Ricky's convulsions turned to actual movement.

"Testing, testing." Ricky's distorted voice said at the same time as the alien who was messing with the thing in his hand and adjusting his... Earpiece?

"Testing." Ricky's voice came out deeper and we could hear him clearly. The alien laughed before using the device in his hands to make Ricky stand, but he didn't stand up the normal way. He just sort of, went from laying on his front to standing, no extra movement at all. I raised my eyebrows, and hummed. Tom gave me a look, knowing what I was thinking.

"What? You gotta admit it's just as cool as it is terrifying." I said, he rolled his eyes and turned back to Ricky when he started talking.

"Humanoid subjects. We are the Zerkonian (A/N: Zarkonian? I couldn't tell) species, and we hereby claim your luscious planet as our own." Ricky and the alien said at the same time. My fear had disappeared as adrenaline and anger flooded my veins, making me either incredibly brave or incredibly stupid, or just plain crazy. Probably a mixture of all three now that I think about it, but anyways.

"Well tough cookies shithead! We were here first!" I cried, grabbing a pot and throwing it at Ricky who had started walking towards us in a very threatening way. It crashed against his chest, shattering, and I knew it should have at least doubled him over but he continued walking as if I had just poked him. Jake grabbed my hand and I looked around for another pot, distractedly listening to Ricky threaten us.

"You have the choice of eternal enslavement or instantaneous death." Ricky said, grabbing Tom and Jake (just as we were about to jump off the roof so I was kind of thankful, but whatever), ignoring me. The alien probably thought I wasn't much of a threat. Well, his mistake.

I hefted a large pot up and cracked it against Ricky's head after Tom and Jake elbowed his stomach and took off towards the window. Ricky jolted forward and I kicked the back of his knee, he went down and continued to talk anyway. I leapt onto his back, locking an arm around his neck.

"You have chosen: instantaneous death." Ricky said.

"Shut up already." I grunted, struggling to hang onto Ricky as he stood up.