Chapter 7: Zombies and Rotary Phones

Looney POV

I felt myself slowly coming to, shifting on the floor as I registered Jake's raised voice. Something about proving something and zombies. I then registered Tom's nervous chattering as he rattled off a reply to Jake's demand.

I rolled my head towards them and saw Jake straddling Tom and gripping his shirt as he interrogated him. Kinky.

"You wet the bed?" My question was a quiet mumble towards Jake whose face reddened as he turned to look at me. I snorted and turned dizzily towards the twins who were still standing near me. I faintly heard Jake whispering harshly to Tom, something like:

"Thank you for that. Now everyone knows I wet the bed." And Tom being Tom replies just the same.

"What? You told me to prove it! Why's it my fault you had terrible bladder control?" I ignored them as they bickered and stared up at the two identical boys.

"You passed out." They said simultaneously, answering my unasked question. I struggled to get to my feet, scowling in annoyance.

"No, you passed out." I grumbled, feeling the pain in both my eye and back. I stared at Tom and Jake as they started getting louder with their "argument." I wondered if I should interfere but decided against it, I already got the shit kicked out of me by literal goblins and their puppet Dicky— I mean, Ricky.

I gingerly touched around my right eye and hissed at the newly formed bruise. Frickin gremlins. I was about to say something before I heard the squeaking of the stair case as the Zarkonian— no Zerkoni— fuck whatever, the aliens started making their way out of the attic. Towards us.

One of the twins let out a screech of here they come! As Jake and Tom scrambled to their feet. I groaned as Tom ran over to the rope and Jake ran under the stairs, using his height to his advantage as he pushed the stairs back into the ceiling.

"Tie it off!" Jake yelled as he continuously pushed the stairs up, squishing the aliens between them and the ceiling over and over again. The whole thing was slightly comical but I didn't have the energy to really laugh. Tom pulled on the rope as best he could but to no avail, he looked worriedly at the aliens and then back to Jake.

"I'm trying! Push harder! Looney! Be helpful!" Tom replies before snapping at me. I sighed and hurried over to Tom, I grabbed the rope and pulled with him.

"Why us? Why me? We would have to fight off little green demons on vacation." I growled, wincing as the bruise on my back throbbed. One of the twins was holding the rope as well, while the other was trying to help Jake. The twin in the black shirt stumbled back with a scream as the female alien scratched at him.

"Oh, my God! Oh, my god! She scratched me with her claws!" He cried backed against the wall as Hannah screamed. I groaned again, pulling harder on the rope.

"Cut your nails, you friggin' hobgoblin! That's so unsanitary! You better wash that cut, kid!" I yelled. We and the aliens continued yelling and pushing from our respective sides for another minute, and I found myself wondering how fucking long this would take. Jake gave one last mighty push whilst making eye contact with the ugly alien (which one amiright? Ha.). Apparently not much longer.

"Sorry, sucker." He smirked before finally shutting the attic entrance. The female alien let out a shriek as her nails got caught, they fell to the ground with little plinks and I gave an impressed nod as one of the twins spoke in awe.

"Woah. He cut off her nails." I think it was Lee who said it. I have no idea, I can never remember their names. Tom hurriedly tied off the rope and turned to us with his chest heaving.

"We gotta call 911." He said urgently before grabbing my arm and taking off down the stairs. I almost tripped and let out a yelp as I struggled to stay upright, Jake took the lead and thundered down the stairs in front of us. We followed him into the bedroom and watched as he crashed onto his bed, frantically searching his bag for his phone.

The twins grabbed theirs as well and I hurriedly went to grab mine from my room as well. I slipped on the carpet on the way back (again), catching myself on the wall and rushing back into the room.

"I can't get a signal." Jake breathed just as I looked down at my screen.

"Neither can I." One twin chimed (Lee??).

"Mine's dead too." (Art??? Fuck I should really ask Tom for their names.) the other added, they all looked to me and I watched as the one bar I had disappeared. I let out a disappointed sigh and lowered my phone.

"Nothing here, either." Tom grabbed my phone, and seeing the lack of service he quickly grabbed Jake's.

"Those midget Martians must be jamming us." He snarled.

"Never a good sign." A twin replied. Hannah walked over to the green rotary phone on the desk and picked up the receiver. I leaned my head down to listen as well as she held it to her ear.

"It's working!" She said, I nodded as well as one of the twins (the one in green) grabbed the phone from her and struggled to operate it.

"There's no buttons. What is this thing?" I snorted and took the reciever from him as Tom and Jake quickly made their way to us.

"It's a rotary phone, kid." I handed the receiver to Tom and he took over.

"You spin it." He supplied, doing so as we watched. The phone whirred as it slowly dialed, I scratched my head and looked to see everyone incredibly focused on the old machine. I looked back just in time to see it stop with a gentle click.

A/N: I'm an asshole. I suck. I am terrible with time management but I will finish this damn story! I apologize to everyone who's been waiting since 2016! Jesusssss I'm really embarrassed. I hope you liked the chapter though. It was weird coming back to Looney after so long but I'll try and pump out chapters this week so I can finish it for y'all.

I was also informed by a comment that it may be Zirkonian rather than Zarkonian or Zerkonian. And to that commenter I say, Thank You! Thanks for reading!