Chapter Eleven

Benjamin raised his head, and when he saw Parker looking behind him, Benjamin turned and Parker heard him gasp.

‘R-Rose? Wh-‘ Benjamin started talking, but Rosalie didn’t let him finish, taking a step closer to the sofa.

‘What did you two do?’ she asked, her voice was so forced and harsh that it almost made Parker jump.

‘I’m so sorry Rose’ Parker said, standing up. He wanted to comfort her, he wanted to do anything but tell her the truth now.

She took a step back, ‘What did you do Ben?’ she asked, all of her focus on her boyfriend who was wearing a very guilty expression, ‘I heard you, you did something to Chris, didn’t you? Before it all happened you two did something, didn’t you?’ He voice broke at the end, a tear falling down her confused and angry face. Parker was somewhat thank-full for the sofa which separated them.

‘Rosalie we didn’t mean for this to happen, I didn’t want you to find out like this’

‘Stop’ Rosalie said harshly, ‘What did you do?’ she asked, walking around the sofa to stand in front of Benjamin who was now standing.

Benjamin sighed, running a hand through his hair.

‘We, uh, we-’

‘Chris was violent’ Parker cut in, stepping forward to stand next to Benjamin.

 ‘What?’ she asked.

‘Chris was violent, towards all of us. He was crazy, he would punch us and do awful things so we were worried about you and about our group’

Rosalie didn’t say anything, just listened.

Benjamin found his voice, ‘We thought that he was going to hurt you, that he was too dangerous. We thought that if we tried to tell you, that you would have just dismissed it because you never saw that side of him’

‘So what did you do Ben?’ she asked, her voice small and she seemed to become vulnerable before their eyes, the harsh angry girl fading slightly into the background.

‘Chris never cheated on you’ At the words Rosalie gasped, but didn’t say anything so Benjamin continued, ‘I told you that so that you would break up with him and he would leave our group alone. But uh, but’

He looked at Parker, who continued for him, ‘When Ben saw Chris at your house after school, we knew that he wasn’t going to go easily so we had another plan. I got photo’s off of Deon’s phone and left them at Chris’s doorstep, hoping that they would cause him to loose trust in you and that he wouldn’t want anything to do with you or our group’

‘What were the pictures Parker?’ Rosalie asked, her eyes filled with unshed tears. She had wrapped her arms around herself, almost like she was trying to hold herself together.

Parker looked down at his feet for a few moments before tentatively lifting his eyes up to meet Rosalie’s, ‘The photos were from Sadie’s party where you were making out with Mark. I changed the date stamp, so the thought that they were only a few weeks old. I-I made him think that you had cheated on him’