Chapter 2

Once in the grand hall, Armana sat Baritorin down on the smaller throne beside hers. "The important thing is that I am going to give you a privilege unlike any other. I'm going to let you pick which servants you want from my castle!" exclaimed the queen. She had gathered every single one of her servants into the large room so the king could easily make his choice. "I have some of the finest staff here so you are spoilt for choice", she exclaimed once more, smiling like a child in a sweet shop.

The guest king felt very flattered. How very nice of Queen Armana to go out of her way to do such a thing for him. "I wouldn't have minded any of your wonderful servants really, but since you have given me the choice, I shall happily accept", said Baritorin as the queen beckoned the servants to begin introducing themselves to him.

There were so many different servants in this castle, each with a quality that the king admired. This was going to be an extremely tough decision. At the moment, he had his eyes on the queen's head butler and a couple of the younger maids. He was not looking for a bunch of people who would constantly want to kiss up to him and cater to him even when he didn't want them to. He did not like it when servants tried too hard to please him, it became very annoying very quickly.

"NEXT!!" screeched the queen, getting somewhat impatient. Normally, she would have lost her temper long before now, but the king's presence calmed her but by only a bit. When the queen saw which servants were next, she scoffed with full disdain. It was the human children. Those nasty little teens would be of no use to her distinguished guest, but she decided to let them try.

Baritorin began to hear a light pattering sound coming from the crowd of servants. "I do hope that is not the sound of rats", he thought to himself. The servants began to part to form a path for someone, who the king assumed to be a very short member of the servants. That's when he saw six tiny beings emerge from the crowd. They climbed up on a small ledge near where Baritorin sat. As they approached him, he could make out the body structures of three girls and three boys. "Oh, I didn't know you had humans working here", whispered the king to the Armana as the children all got in a line to present themselves.

The children had been gearing up for this day ever since the queen had mentioned it. They really wanted to test whether all giant royals were like the queen or not and this was the perfect opportunity. However the king was a lot larger than they had expected, so they were a bit intimidated but their cheerful resolve was not faltered. They arranged themselves in a neat horizontal line and faced the blonde king. William then turned to his siblings and said "One, two three", then all the children said simultaneously "Good evening King Baritorin, we are the human children and we would love to be your servants. We may be small but we can do it all". "Well not all, but most!" piped up James in a comical manner, making everyone laugh.

The queen's face became red with fury. Those brats! She would have them whipped for their lack of respect. She was awoken from her rage-filled thoughts by the deep laughter of King Baritorin. She looked to her left to see her guest with a big smile on his face.

Baritorin loved the little simultaneous thing that the children had done, but the young lad's last comment was the icing on the cake and he just had to laugh. He noticed that the queen was a bit red in the face, but he assumed that she was just hot or something. "How very charming of you, little ones. May I know your names?" he asked.

"I'm William"

"I'm Amelia"

"I'm Thomas"

"I'm Ella"

"I'm Jack"

"And I'm amazing"

"Her name is Camilla", corrected Thomas, getting everyone to laugh except the queen of course.