Sophie's Little Monsters

When the men arrived at the station, Eric quickly ran and pulled the alarm.  The alarm echo throughout the town and forest.  All the folks for two miles away began to show up, in cars, trucks, bikes.  After about two hours, everyone that was in danger territory was present waiting to hear what Mark had to say.   Even his wife and daughter were present.

Mark got on the speaker phone and began to inform everyone what was about to happen.  "How's everyone today?  I sorry we all had to deal with an army of worms so early in the morning, but I must say thank you for giving me a hand in cleaning up the mess.  I sure you've to notice that the animals of the forest are all over the place.  They seem to be headed out of our town.  

Now to my understanding that last time this happens, the ice from the top of those mountains came down to our town and destroyed everything it landed on.  This is why our grandparents, build bomb shelters, just in case this happens again.  Now, I think we have at least a day or two for this to happen.  I don't want anyone to panic, remember the shelters will keep us safe for a long as we need, or as long is it take us to dig ourselves out.  Please every go home, start loading up on food, water, supplies, candles.  Whatever you need to be comfortable for at least two weeks." explained Mark    

Then one of the town's folks said, "Are you sure, this is really going to happen."   "To be honest, right now I'm not sure of anything.  But it's better to be safe than sorry.  Now, everyone before you leaves, Eric has walkie talkies for everyone.  Stop by the Jeep and make sure you obtain one.  This will be our only way of communication if the avalanche does occur.  First please, if possible have the bomb shelter ready,  I really prefer if everyone to sleep in their bomb shelter if it happens while we are sleeping, there's no saving us." he continued.

The townsfolks didn't question Mark he was a smart man for all his life been prepared for this.  As they began to leave they stopped at the Jeep and picked up their communication device. They every went home and began to prepare for whatever events were about to hit them.

Mark drove his wife and daughter home, on the way he dropped Eric off.  "Boss, it's just me and my grandmom.  Would you mean if we share your bomb shelter?  I can't be locked up for two weeks by myself with my grandmom.  Please." asked Eric   Mark began to laugh, "Sure, she can keep my wife company.  Anyway, I have a six room bomb shelter." he explained   "What do you mean, six rooms?  Ours is only two rooms." asked Eric  "I have a bathroom, kitchen, family room, and three bedrooms, you  and your grandmom may stay in one." he said  

"What the hell, you have a mansion underground." replied Eric  "What did you forget that his grand patient was the contractor." said Julie  "Oh, really?" said Eric  "Yes, and they made their special," said Mark with a smile as he was dropping Eric at his home.  "Get your things ready, I'll pick you and your grandmom up in two hours.  Make sure you get all of her medicine.  I don't need her getting sick." said Mark as he pulled off heading home.  Eric went into the house and explained the situation to his grandmother.  Once he finishes explaining, she was old and she understands, so she began to gather her things.

Mark finally arrived home.  They all quickly began to move into the shelter.  Beds, food, water, cleaning supplies, gun, bullets, etc.   Mark knew they didn't have much time, so he moved as quickly as he could.

Further up the hill, there was a family of thieves. Well, that what the town's people called them.  They were always robbed people and breaking into neighbors homes.  Some of the folks were afraid of them, so they never get reported or arrested, for no one wants to press charges.  These four men didn't show up to the meeting.  This made Mark wonder what happen to them, why didn't they come to hear the bad news.   He didn't feel right, these men had to be up to no good.  He kept on working, letting mother nature take care of that problem.

"Sweetie, did you noticed that the James brothers didn't attend the meeting?" he asked his wife  "Yes, this doesn't sound good to me.  Don't they live right under the ice peak? " asked Julie "Yes they do, something is wrong, but right this minute, I don't have a clue." said Mark as they were placing the last items inside the bomb shelter.