Chapter Twelve: No Strings Attached (Edited)

"Gabriel?" A voice echoes through the house.

"Yeah mom?"

There's a brief pause before the sound of heels make its way towards the living room, accompanied by the sounds of heavy footsteps which I'm assuming are the rest of Gabriel's family.

"Hey honey." Gabriel's mom greets as she enters the room.

"Oh Ava, you're already here? I thought you were coming with your dad?" Opening my mouth to answer, Gabriel makes sure to quickly reply before I can even release a breath.

"Yeah we decided to walk here from school, you know make everything easy." He replies while looking my way a few times.

"I didn't know you guys were friends." Gabriel's dad speaks.

"Oh we are, I've helped Ava out since day one." Both of Gabriel's parents nod, believing the bullshit coming from his mouth.

"That's so nice of you Gabriel, I'm glad that you're trying to get your act together." Gabriel's mom smiles at him.

"Okay, Ava your dad will be here about seven-thirty so until then you kids can just hang around, finish up your homework or watch t.v." Gabriel and I look at each other while nodding but I can see the gears turning in his head.

Turning back around to Gabriel's parents, I watch as they both leave the room and go their separate ways. Huffing, I wait for Gabriel to start spitting out what my next assignment is going to be.

"Okay Ava." Gabriel starts while clapping his hands.

"Ready for some fun?"

"I'd rather get run over by a bus." I reply with a smile.

"Shut up." He looks at me with a deadpan expression.

I only sigh in reply.

"Pardon?" He asks

Where are we off to?" I ask getting off the couch.

"We, my little friend are going to my room." Gabriel says slowly as he walks over to me, slinging his arm over my shoulder and guiding me to the stairway to hell.

"What is this shit?" I almost yell as I enter Gabriel's room.

"Tone it down there little one." Gabriel comments walking past me while ruffling my hair and collapsing onto his bed.

"Why does your room......" I drift off not wanting to finish the sentence.

"Why does my room... Care to finish that sentence?" Gabriel asks in a cocky attitude.

"No." I answer with a straight face.

"Hmm, yeah okay." He says trailing off and leaning his head on one of the pillows.

Dropping my backpack near his door, I walk to the wall on the right where his t.v hangs on top of a long working bench that goes from one side of the wall to the other. A dvd player, x-box and playstation 4 are all placed on a shelf underneath the dark brown bench.

Walking past the bed, I sit down in the computer chair, rolling myself over to the other end where his laptop sits. Pressing a few buttons his mac lights up displaying the lock screen.

"Hey Gabriel." I say taking a quick look over my shoulder to see him with his eyes closed and hands under his head.

"Hmm?"

"What's the password for your computer?" I casually ask, spinning myself around in the chair.

"Guess." He replies, not moving from his spot.