Jack Daniels [Deleted Scene]

Xavier's POV

When I came back to my senses, Elise was gone. I was actually relieved. I wasn't sure what I would have said. I think she knew that my mate had been the one who came through the door.

I pocketed Lexi's phone. I was going to return it to her brother. Malcolm, one of my best friends. I guess my only best friend now. Fuck it. I was going to get drunk.

Something that is nearly impossible for a werewolf, especially an alpha to be. That is unless the drink is laced with a bit of wolfsbane.

My parents kept the hard stuff in the cabinets, they told us to never touch it. This would probably be the third time I would be breaking that rule. I shrugged, dad could confront me later.

I grabbed the bottle of Jack Daniels in there and made my way to my room. The party was still going on around me. I didn't pay it any mind, I was too focused on numbing the pain.

Girls within the pack had tried to approach me. They tried to catch my attention but I wasn't giving in. There was nothing, no one, that could compare to our mate.

I finally arrived in front of my room. I slammed the door shut behind me, effectively muffling the loud music that blasted throughout the house.

I didn't bother moving far, I simply slid down to the floor. My back rested against the door.

I popped open the Jack Daniels taking a swig. It burned my throat as it went down. I kept drinking until the bottle was empty. But even then it wasn't enough. My thoughts were still fairly together.

A certain 5'3 brunette shone brightly in my muddled thoughts. She was wearing this black dress that showed her every curves. It was modest enough that it still left some mystery.

God I just wanted to have her right then and there. I wanted to take her away from the prying eyes of unmated males. She's mine. "Ours." Ryker? Man, I'm sorry. I screwed up big time.

"Make it right, Xavier. I can't live without her and neither can you. You're going to need to do some major groveling, not this moping around. Start now." You're right, you're always right. Remind me why I don't listen to you more often?

"Because you're stupid and sometimes you need to face things on your own to fully understand the consequences of your actions." Right, I got it. I'm the dumb one.

I stood up, slightly wobbly, leaning on the wall for support. Maybe I had a lot more to drink than I thought. Slowly I made my way across my room to my bed. The empty bottle of Jack Daniels near the trash.

Once I reached my bed, I laid face down. I was wasted, so wasted, I didn't even register the fact that someone came into the room. "Xavier?" Who's voice was this? It sounded feminine, but there's no one who would dare enter my room. Unless it was Elise . . . But she wouldn't come here after what happened today.

I heard whoever it was come closer-"What do you think you're doing in here?" That voice I knew. It was Malcolm, my future beta to be, and the one who usually made sure I didn't get shitfaced. He was the sober one, the one who kept us out of trouble.

This girl gasped, "Um I was j-just putting Alpha Xavier to bed. He's exhausted you know, after all that physical activity we-" "Cut the bullshit, Chelsea. Just get out, now."

I should have known it was Chelsea. "Fine," Chelsea spoke irritated at Malcolm, but whispered in my ear, "I'll be back babe." She stomped out of my room and shut the door behind her.

I rolled over and moved to sit up, when I was finally comfortable with my sitting position Malcolm addressed me. "What happened bro?" He was sitting in my desk chair backwards. I merely gave him a shrug.

"Come on man, talk to me. You don't down a bottle of Jack Daniels over nothing." I sighed, running my hands through my hair. "Everything happened man. I fucked up big time." I don't even know how I can tell him that his sister is my mate. "Well start from the beginning."

I took a deep breathe, "It began in the fall of last year, the day I turned 18 . . ."

[Flashback]

"Wake up sleepy head!" I scrunched my nose and turned away from the voice, but they wouldn't leave. "Come on, Xavier!" Reluctantly I opened my eyes, and the sight before me, woke up more than just me. My body was alive, it was a reaction I've never had before to Lexi or anyone for that matter.

Lexi straddling my stomach, leaning down touching my face.

I took a deep breath to try and calm down, but that made it worse, worse in the best way possible. Her scent drove me mad, she smelled like vanilla mixed with cinnamon. Her scent awoke Ryker, "Mate!" Oh fuck. I bolted up into a upright position. "Ahhhh!" I caught Lexi before she fell back, by pulling her closer to me. I felt the tingles from this small contact.

Inside Ryker was yipping and prancing around in happiness because our mate was so close. We were staring into each other's eyes, I was slowly leaning in closer. Closer and closer, just when our lips were about to touch-"Xavier!" Elise was calling for me. Lexi immediately pushed me away. She rushed out of the room, taking her delicious scent with her.

It hurt, but I knew it was my fault. I needed to end this. I wanted my mate.

[End Of Flashback]

I then proceeded to tell Malcolm about tonight's events, and the reason why I was still with Elise after discovering that Lexi was my true mate. Malcolm just sat in silence through it all. I'm unsure of his reaction, and unfortunately in the time between drinking a whole bottle of alcohol and this long story, I have sobered up.

So much for Jack Daniels.