Chapter 1

A/N: As per request of VanessaLovesSuga, I have decided to continue to story and make it a longer. This book is dedicated to him/her. As it was not an expected story, I would love to hear suggestions about how the story should continue. Anyone with a suggestion can comment, and I may take the ideas and dedicate a chapter to you.

Silas's POV

"... I accept. Goodbye, Silas."

Pain. An overwhelming, burning pain. Those words destroyed me, throwing me into the flame of regret, the sensation tearing me apart until there was nothing left, but ash.

I awoke screaming, a cold sweat running through my body. Shivering, I glanced to the space beside me in the bed. Empty. I placed my arm across the expanse of bed. It was cold. My wolf was silent, not speaking to me.

My Beta, Scott, came running into the room. "What's wrong!?" I looked up at him. "... He's gone." I whispered, barely audible. Scott's look of fear and surprise disappeared, being replaced with one of sadness.

"It's okay. We'll find him." I furrowed my brows. "Find who?" Scott looked at me. "Your mate? Lewis?"

"Lewis? I was talking about my wolf; he refuses to talk to me." Scott no longer had the sad look on his face. Instead, his voice held a questioning tone. "Silas, don't you regret rejecting him? He's your mate. Shouldn't you care?" I shrugged.

Truthfully, I knew a part of me regret that moment, and wanted desperately to take it back. But, I'm the Alpha of the pack. I have to lead by example. I can't go around whining and crying for my mate. He's a weak link. He'll hold us back. We're better off, if you ask me.

I stood from the bed, pushing past Scott to the bathroom. After a much needed shower, I made my way downstairs to meet my parents looks of anticipation. I raised an eyebrow. "Yes?" My mother stepped forward. "Well," she said, her voice at an unnaturally high pitch. "Who is it?!"

"... Who is... What?" My mother gave an exasperated sigh. "Who's your mate!?" I shrugged again, not wanting to hear her rant about how 'rejecting your mate forbidden' or 'you'll regret it, Silas.' "Does it really matter? I'm not the Alpha yet. My mate isn't needed as of this moment." My mother's face fell as my father glared. "Of course it matters!! The Luna is second in command to the Alpha! They give advice, calm the Alpha, help negotiations, and produce offspring!"

I grimaced at the at the last one. My mate had turned out to be a guy! Forgetting the fact that I had rejected him, would he be able to reproduce? I know he's an Omega, but it had never really been proven. Considering the fact that we'd never had an Omega before Lewis came along, I was completely lost. All I knew was that, A, He was weak, B, he was a guy, and C, there's no way I'm mating with a guy.

Technically, you already mated with him. Replied my wolf with a matter-of-fact tone. Look who finally decided to speak. Shove it fluff ball. I have better things to do than worry about a mate I no longer have. That seemed to knock him down a few pegs, and I grinned smugly. My wolf almost never agreed with me on anything. I could see that this was no exception.

My face remained passive as I replied to my father. "Dad, look, don't worry. I'll have children one day, okay? But it doesn't have to be tomorrow! Live a little, would you?" His anger never left his face, and was joined by disappointment. "So you haven't met them yet? Or... Is it something else?" I hesitated. "No... I haven't met her yet."

"What makes you think they're going to be female?" Great. Scott had decided to cut in, the jerk. I shot him a warning glare, to which he swiftly brushed off. "Well, I'm straight, after all." My mother shook her head in my father's embrace. "No, it doesn't work like that. Fate chooses whoever they feel deserves to be with you, or whoever you deserve to be with. It's not a matter of your sexuality."

"Whatever you say but, I'm not bedding a guy. Now if you'll excuse me..." I walked away, allowing them to finish the sentence in their own way. Judging by the looks in their eyes, I could tell they didn't think too highly of me or what I was planning to do. "I happen to have morals, in case you were wondering." I muttered under my breath. Do you now? My wolf snickered. Naturally, I flipped him off.

When I arrived at my office, a girl was waiting for me. Erika, if I remember correctly. She was leaning back on the desk, her green eyes dark with excitement. I had to admit, she was lovely. Her short blonde​ hair was shoulder length, and framed her face. Her body was curvy in all the right places, and her hips swayed as she walked towards me.

Wrapping her arms around me, she leaned up and whispered​, "I was hoping we'd be able to finish what we started yesterday?" It was more a demand than a question, but I nodded all the same.

---

As we lay in bed, lust thick in the air, I turned to Erika. "How would you like to be my Luna?" She looked up, excited. "Really?!" I nodded, my wolf begging me not to do this. Only our mate deserves to be Luna!

As far as anyone knows, Erika is our mate. How would they find out about Lewis anyway? It's not like I'm going to let you tell them. Besides, I don't think anyone even remembers him and he left just this morning! My wolf turned his head, not speaking to me as Erika greedily accepted my offer. See? We don't need Lewis.

You're going to regret this.