ten.

He sat up as soon as he saw her crossing the street.

She wore a black, lace dress that ended at her ankles and had a slit on the side. Beautiful couldn't even begin to describe her.

"You look all dressed up today. At least, more than usual. No work?" he asked, trying to sound casual, even though his heart was hammering.

She smiled at him. "No, I have a party to go to."

"Oh, " he murmured while she began to step closer to him.

"But, sadly, I don't have anyone to go with, " she sighed.

He opened his mouth then, closed it. She noticed his hesitation and continued. "Hey, how about you go with me?"

"What, me? Um. I don't know, Elle, " he looked at the ground sheepishly. "I don't have anything good to wear. Plus, I kind of need to, uh, wash off..."

  "If I can do something about that, will you come with me?"

  "I guess so."

  "Then, follow me!" she grinned and pulled him across the street.

  He tried his best to ignore the jolts her hand sent up his arm. Gulping, he asked: "Where are you taking me?"

  "Just trust me, Miles!" she yelled over her shoulder and over the loud noises of New York.

They entered a store that only had suits and tuxedos for men. He followed her to the front desk.

"Estelle!" the woman working exclaimed. "It's so great to see you."

"It's great to see you too, Gia. Is Matt around?"

The woman nodded vigorously. "Oh, yes. He's in his office upstairs. Would you like me to call him?"

"Actually, would you mind asking him if we could use his studio apartment? Miles and I are going to a party and we need to get ready, " she told her. The woman glanced at him and smiled softly.

"I'm sure Matt would love to be of assistance. I'll call him. Meanwhile, you two should find a nice suit for this young man. I think the suits in section B would be perfect!"

"Thank you, Gia."

They walked over to section B and searched for a suit. He simply gaped at the prices.

"Elle, these are way too expensive. It's too much for just me, " he said but she shook her head.

"No, don't worry. It's fine, " she reassured him. He was still reluctant. "Look, if it'll make you feel better, I'll get a discount. I'm friends with the person who owns this store."

"Matt?"

She nodded.

"Okay...but, please, don't waste too much money on me, " he pleaded as she took a suit off the racks. It was a traditional black tuxedo with a bow tie.

She smiled in a way that was not only heartwarming but heart-stopping. "It's not wasting, Miles. It's spending. And for you, I'd spend all the money I have."

  Before he could react to her words, the woman appeared and ushered them upstairs. A man greeted them when they arrived.

  "Hey, Matt. This is Miles, " she introduced him.

  He gave the man a small smile. "Hello, nice to meet you."

  "Yes, hi. Great to meet you, Miles, " the man looked at the tuxedo in her hands. "I see you've found a suit! Terrific. Estelle, you know where everything is. If you two need anything, just holler. I'll be in my office."

  "Thanks, Matt, " she called out as he left.

He jumped when she let out an excited shriek. "Elle, you almost gave me a heart attack."

"Sorry, sorry. Okay. Let's get you ready, Miles, " she grinned and he couldn't help but smile too.

He didn't know what was awaiting for them and neither did she. But the night certainly promised more than what they were expecting.

  A/N: chapter eleven will be part two of this day. Thank you for reading :) .