Chapter 5: Seeing through his eyes

Natalie's POV

I drove silently along the streets. I knew what I wanted, I just hadn't found it yet. It started pouring down. I stepped out of my car and slammed the door, not bothering to pull my hood up. I caught a scent. I raised my nose and took a deep sniff. I followed the smell to a dark alley, sheltered from the rain. I saw someone at the end of an alley. Finally. I saw it was a girl, around 16. I felt my fangs grow. (Wait, what?) She had her back to me, head down, hands in pockets and walking fast. I reached out and slowly scraped my nails along the wall. She froze, then turned around. It was dark, but I knew she could see my silhouette. "Hello?" she called out quietly, fear and horror in her voice. I just stood there, hands at my sides, staring blankly into space. She started backing away. I slowly grinned. Then, I answered her. "Hello." I called back. She froze again, then turned to face me. But I was now in her face. She shrieked and stumbled back, tripping over a trashcan and falling with another shriek. She scrambled away, crawling on her hands. I smiled again, and crouched down. "Hello." I said pleasantly. She didn't take her eyes off my face, still crawling back. I stood up and strode over to her, grabbing her ankle and yanked her back to me.

She screamed loudly, kicking at me. I grunted with annoyance and picked her up by the throat, as I had to my other victims. She gasped, grabbing at my hand. I slammed her against the wall, and buried my fangs in her neck. Her screams faded away after a while. I pulled away, still not satisfied. "Claire? Babe, are you down here?" A boy around 17 came around the corner. I quickly hid, waiting for the right moment. He saw her body. He gasped, falling to his knees. He grabbed at his throat, falling to his knees. He screamed. "CLAIRE!" He screamed. I suddenly smelled werewolf and tasted a horrible taste in my mouth. Oh shit. I had just drunk a werewolf's blood. I gasped, stumbling back. He whipped around, seeing me. He snarled, coming towards me. "Did you do this?" He screamed. I didn't answer, just spat on the ground, trying to get the toxins now running through my veins out of my system, knowing that wouldn't work but not able to think of anything else. I sped away from him as he lunged at me, claws extended. I slammed the door to my car closed, revving the engine and speeding away.

"CYNTHIA!" I screamed, bursting through the doors of her room. She looked up. I fell to my knees. "H-HELP!" I screamed, clawing at my throat. My veins started bubbling. Literally. They stood out in my face and neck, bubbling along. She gasped. "ADRIAN! ISAAC! ELIJAH!!" She shrieked. I gagged, then started coughing up blood. She rushed over to me as three vampires burst in. "Hold him still!" she screamed at them, ripping her wrist open and coming towards me. They held my now writhing form still as she forced her wrist on my mouth. Her sweet yet butter blood filled my mouth, and I gagged, but drank greedily. Her blood filled me, cooling my burning throat and veins down. "Easy, easy." she soothed quietly. I gasped and then pushed her wrist away, pulling her down for a hug. "Thank you." I murmured into her soft hair. She hugged me back, then pushed me away. "Foolish child!" she said, slapping me around the back of my head. "Hey!" I protested, but she cut me off. "How in the name of god did you drink a werewolf's blood and not know?!" she snapped. "I-" "Just be glad you got here when you did! You could have killed yourself!" "Cynthia!" I boomed, towering over her. She stopped, glaring at me. "Do not forget that you are talking to a king!" I snapped. "I was incredibly thirsty, I couldn't smell anything over her perfumed blood! It was Anna's wolf too, Claire." I said bitterly. "You fool!" she shrieked. "She could kill us for that!" "I didn't know it was her! Ever since I drank from Natalie, my thirst has become worse and worse, and nothing can quench it! I NEED HER! I NEED HER BLOOD! IT'S DRIVING ME MAD!" I bellowed. "Justin, your highness, you know the rules. You will be treated the same as everyone else if you break them, no matter who you are! You will do well to remember them!" she snapped. I stormed out of her room, slamming the door behind me. "Justin!" she yelled, opening the door and running after me. I increased my speed, running away from my Creator. I need Natalie. NOW. One way or another, I will find her. And I know just how to get her.

I woke up screaming and drenched in sweat. "Natalie?" Fawn called sleepily. "F-FAWN!" I cried. She stumbled from her bed, got her balance and ran to me. "F-F-FAWN!" I cried. She hugged me hard, rocking me as I sobbed. "Shh, shh." she said. "F-F-F-FAWN!" I cried repeatedly. "It's okay, you're okay, you're safe, shhh." she said, gently stroking my hair. I clung to her and sobbed into her shoulder. "Just a dream. It was just a dream Nat. You're here. You're safe. They can't touch you now." She gently murmured. I slowly calmed down, my cries dying down. I pulled away after a while, wiping at my face and sniffing fiercely. "Wanna talk about it?" she asked. I sniffed again and shook my head. "No, not now." I said quietly. She nodded. "Okay, just try to get some sleep, okay?" Okay." I said quietly. She went back to her bed and climbed in. "Night again Nat." Fawn called softly. "Night." I replied. She switched the lights off and I closed my eyes again, hoping the next dream will be better than this one.