Chapter 11: Hide and Seek

SOC is Dynamite by Taio Cruz

~Rebecca~

Natalie's POV

I sat in the back seat of the police cruiser, tears slowly running down my cheeks like little rivers, then joining at the bottom of my chin to make larger droplets where they spilled onto my lap. I sat motionless. I sat quiet. I sat anguished. But most of all, I sat terrified. What had killed Fawn?? You couldn't get into the rooms unless you have a key, and me and Fawn were the only ones who had!

The officers kept glancing back at me in their mirrors. I wanted to makes face and snarl, "what the fuck are you looking at?!" but I didn't have the strength.

Fawn was dead. My best friend. Scratch that, she was my sister. We shared everything together. I should never have let her come with me!! I should have made her stay at home, with her family! Oh god, what am I going to tell them? Just ring them up and say, 'Hello! Sorry to tell you this but Fawn's dead. Have a nice day, bye!' No! I can't do that! Oh my god this is all so messed up!

I rested my head on the window and looked out. The storm clouds that had been threatening all day broke, and all water on the earth seemed to pour down. It was so bad that I couldn't see two feet in front of me. "Damn, I can't see a thing!" the officer who was driving exclaimed. I turned to look back out the window and screamed as loud as I could. A black Range Rover was driving full speed, and it was coming right at us.

Justin's POV

I woke up to see.. fur? I jerked my head up and realised I was in Mikayla's pen. I must've fallen asleep when I was feeding them. I sat up slowly, not wanting to wake the dogs up. The puppies were lying on my legs. Damn. There was no way I was going to be able to move without waking them. Mikayla was behind me, acting as a pillow, and Jason was pressed against my torso, his tail curled protectively around his pups. The pups were only a few weeks old, so they could all fit into the grasp of his tail. I moved slowly and carefully, pulling my legs out from under the pups, and held my breath when Trent's head flopped down, but he never opened his eyes, still sleeping. I moved out from the pups, somehow not waking any of them, but as I stood up, Jason's eyes snapped open and he growled lowly. I held my hands out. "Shh, it's me Jason." I whispered. At the sound of my voice, Jason's tail thumped up and down. I bent down and scratched his ears before opening the pen and closing and locking it behind me.

I walked back to mansion, hands stuffed into my pockets. 'Were they nice Ralph?' I spat, or thought-spat. He chuckled. 'Delicious!' I growled at him. 'You know you're not supposed to do that! You don't need to feed, I do!' I hissed. 'Now I've gotta go and get a blood bag, and I only have a few left!' I snapped and hurried up the steps. I was parched. My throat burned and I felt my eyes turn crimson red. It doesn't hurt, when a vampire's eyes change colour, all you feel is a warm sensation cross your eyes. You know what colour your eyes turn because with the warm sensation, a haze the colour your eyes will be comes with it. So I saw a red haze cross my gaze and I ran up the stairs. I threw open the door to my bedroom and ran to my blood cooler. I yanked it open and recoiled. There was nothing in it. It was empty.

I felt rage boiling through my veins, and my eyes turned red and black. 'RALPH!' I screamed. 'What?' he said bewildered.

'WHY DID YOU EMPTY MY COOLER? YOU KNOW THAT'S FORBIDDEN!' I roared. I was furious. 'I didn't empty the cooler! I never touched it!' he protested. 'Who the fuck did then?!' I snarled. 'How am I supposed to know? I never went near the cooler!' he insisted. I growled and changed quickly, pulling a pair of raggedy jeans on, and a grey undershirt and a black Hollister hoodie on top of that with my black and white Supras and sped out of the mansion, going to the garage. I clicked one of my car keys and my black Range Rover flashed its headlights. I stomped over to it and threw myself in, slamming the door behind me and jamming the key into the ignition. It roared into life and I backed out of the garage and racing down the driveway, hardly slowing to press the button to open the gates. I drove onto the road and raced down the isolated road, surrounded by trees. It gave others the chills, but I liked it.