II

I cried on the hill of ashes for a long time. My chest ached as my broken heart yearned for the Vlad it would never again feel. My tears pooled around me. If I had wanted to, I think that my tears could have flooded this realm.

There were three realms: the realm of the humans, the real of the angels and the realm of the demons. Humans commonly referred to my realm (the realm of the angels) as heaven. They referred to the demon realm as hell.

I stood up and went over all my memories of Vlad. Despite the fact that they now caused me pain, I still didn't want to forget any moment I had spent with him.

We had both been born in the realm of Angels. We had met during our training to become guardian angels. A guardian angel was an angel that was a warrior and fought against demons. I could still remember the day that we had met.

Flashback

"Hey." I looked up from my stretching at the sound of a rich and attractive voice. I met the dark eyes of an angel. He smiled, flashing his straight white teeth. I smiled back and absently blew a strand of hair out of my face.

I straightened up and said "Hi." He smiled. His smile was worth millions.

"I'm Vlad." He said confidently as he reached out and took my hand. "Pleased to meet you." he added warmly.

I smiled back. "I'm Mia." I tried to say confidently. Then I frowned. "Why is your name Vlad?" I asked, "Isn't it named after the dracul-" silly me. I forced myself to stop as it was an inappropriate question. It brought a deep blush to my cheeks.

He chuckled and touched a finger to my cheek, rubbing it around my skin. Then he sighed and dropped his hand. I had to look up at him – he was a head taller – to see his reaction. The smile was gone but his eyes were still friendly. "I have been touched by the devil. It happened as I was born and so I was named Vlad."

He saw my look of shock and smiled down at me and took my hand in his. "Don't worry." he assured me. "I'm not bad. Satin hasn't been able to lead me down the path to hell yet."

I looked up at him and confidently grasped his hand in mine. "I hope that is something that never happens." I whispered. He laughed at my reply and glanced over at our instructor.

"Would you like to be my partner?" He asked, sweetly.

I shrugged, feigning indifference. "Of course. Why not? You're on."

He smiled as he led me to the centre of the floor. I noticed the way the muscles around his chest moved as he walked beside me. I shivered with lust. I had to control the urge to touch his abs. I wondered how many did He had. I mentally slapped myself for thinking so naughty. He turned to me and motioned for me to make the first move. "Ladies first, partner?"

This guy was something.

Flashback Ends→

Vlad and I had instantly bonded. I had learnt from others that even though he was an experienced fighter and was attractive, he didn't have many friends. He tended to shy away from company and stay on his own. At first I had wondered why he had approached me. Later I had learnt – after asking him before going to bed one night – that it was because since the first time he saw me during that training session, I had a compelling attraction on him. His comment had made me so happy. I was on cloud nine.

We had many things in common. We were both aspiring to become elite angels (the top fighters of the guardians) and we were both good fighters. I could never forget the way he looked; Dark messed up hair, pale skin, prominent jaw bones, a well muscled chest. He'd got that brown skin adonis look going on, dark almond eyes that made me weak at the knees. His appearance was imprinted on my mind.