V

I instantly jolted up from my sleep covered in sweat and screamed. I put a hand to my heart to steady my breaths. I gasped for a few minutes before I called myself down and sighed in relief and got ready to go, to meet the Demon who haunted me, even in my nightmares. I hoped the dream didn't came to be true.

I pulled on a light shirt that came down to my thighs. It was a flimsy white material but around the breasts it wasn't flimsy and was a solid white material. I pulled on my brown leather pants which hugged my every curve and my white knee high boots which were meant for battle and had no heel. I was dressed in the proper attire for flight and speed.

I hurried down the corridor so that I could get out of the castle without running in to anyone. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

Sara intercepted me near the exit. I tried to hurry past her as she seemed to be concentrating on something and I doubted she had noticed me. But she looked up and she called me in surprise, "Mia!"

I held back a grimace. As I raised my hand in an awkward kind of wave and murmured "Uh... hi, Sara."

She smiled and glanced down the hall towards the exit. "Are you going to meet-him-now?"

I nodded and began fiddling with a strand of hair which had fallen over my shoulder. She saw me fiddling and smiled. "Your hair is so beautiful. I'm jealous." She complimented to which I blushed.

She continued. "No, seriously – it's long, wavy and has a pretty colour." I laughed but it sounded slightly off.

"Your hair is great too. Better than mine." I said whilst glancing at her curly blonde hair. She shrugged.

"It's too common." She said simply. I had to agree with her. Many female angels had curly blonde hair. Black or brown hair – like mine – was rare.

Her expression became amused. "It's always across your shoulders. I guess it's hard to manage."

I shook my head. "No, it's not hard. I just fly and it gets all wind blown. I should put it up more often when I fly."

She laughed and I laughed as well as I started to edge down the hall way to the exit. She rolled her eyes when I pulled my hair up. I smiled and waved her a goodbye.

"I need to go, it can take a while to get to the portal and the weather isn't too good." I said.

She nodded seriously. "Yeah, I heard there was supposed to be a storm tonight."

That stopped me short. "Really?" I asked, frustrated. She shrugged and looked at me apologetically. I sighed, annoyed. A storm was the last thing I needed now. Hopefully it wouldn't be stormy in the human realm but the weather was usually similar in the realms.

I left with a goodbye and hurried to the exit. Although I wouldn't admit it, even to myself, I wasn't in a hurry because I was going to be late. I was in a hurry because I wanted to see him. I took off into the air as soon as I was outside the castle. My wings had to work harder as I flew against the strong winds which were building up. It was also colder higher in the sky. I wrapped my arms around my chest in a futile attempt to warm myself up.

Last time, I had been the one who was there first waiting for him. This time, he was already there, waiting for me.

I slowly landed in front of him and refused to meet his gaze. I stared at my feet as I could feel his eyes on me. He took a step closer and put his hands on my shoulders.

"You won't even look at me anymore?" he accused. I shut my eyes as I tried to firmly keep the thought of staying calm in my head. So I looked up at him and steadily looked him in the eye.