Chapter 2: The Jump for Joy

...I forced myself to open my eyes and I looked at the clock.

7:36AM was written across it.

Ugghhh, it's a Saturday morning, why am I up so early?!

...

I opened my eyes again.

7:41AM was what the clock showed.

I give up. I can't sleep. I got out of my bed and went downstairs to the kitchen.

My mom was at work, otherwise she would've made a nice breakfast with eggs, toast and sausages for me like how she usually does if she's not working.

I stirred up some tea and made myself a plate of scrambled eggs. I sprinkled some salt and pepper and headed to my room again.

8:16AM...Man, it's so early.

I plopped down on my bed with my tea and eggs in my lap. I finished it all already in a blink of an eye. Mmm... I would've made more if only the kitchen wasn't so far away.

I was starting to feel a bit light headed and before I knew it, I dozed off again.

BRLINGGG! BRLINGGG! Oh my gosh! That scared the heck out of me! I was just in the middle of a wonderful dream of having dinner with Taylor lautner...

I picked up my cellphone to check the caller ID.

"Mom," was what the screen said.

Really?? You just had to call at this moment. My mom ALWAYS calls me at some random time of the day when she's at work. I'm technically an adult now but she tends to always "check on me."

"Hey mom."

"Just wanted to know how you're doing! Is everything okay?"

"Same old, same old."

"I have to work longer hours tonight so I'll be back at 5."

"Sure, mom. See you later."

Click. And the conversation ended.

It was 12:00PM now but I really didn't feel like eating lunch or doing anything. Guess today is a lazy Saturday. I went back to sleep and I hardly believed it, but I dreamt about a date with Taylor Lautner AGAIN. Not that I minded it.

I woke up to the sound of geese squawking. God, they were annoying.

I rubbed my eyes and checked the clock again. 4:32PM. I've checked the clock way too many times today.

BRLINGGG!

Another phone call? Was it from mom again?

Hmm..the caller ID says "long distance."

I picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Kristen! Hi! It's Joseph Lee, the casting director for Abduction. I just wanted to let you know that you got the part of Karen! Your audition was outstanding and we were blown away!"

"...wha-a-t!?"

I was completely speechless. I couldn't get my words out. It was like my mouth was filled with glue and the words just wouldn't come out.

"We've contacted the whole cast and you're all set to meet in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania next Monday? Is that okay?"

"Ye-e-s! Of course!"

"We will pay for your flight and everything. Don't worry. And you'll also be staying at Winston Hotel for the first day and then we'll move to our trailers on set. Well, filming will probably start on Tuesday so see you then!"

"Thank you so much!" I belted out the words. "You don't understand how much this means to me! Thank you!! I can't thank you enough!"

"Haha, thank yourself. You really deserved it!"

Click. He hung up.

WHATTTTTT?! I GOT THE PART? I squealed. NOW I CAN MEET TAYLOR FREAKING LAUTNER. IS THIS A DREAM?!

I couldn't contain my excitement! Words couldn't describe how I felt!

I'm telling my mom the minute she got home.

-------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER: I obviously really don't know how the acting/casting call process works so I just made up what I think it would be like?

Also, they actually filmed in Pittsburg and Joseph Lee was actually the casting director so yay I did some research.

IMPORTANT: Winston hotel in the story is made up.

And to my readers, I don't know how abduction really is behind the scenes and I just made up a lot of this so please don't think it's real! Haha I don't wanna cause confusion!

Well, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!👍 I haven't written in SUCH a long time so it took a while for me to remember what was happening in previous chapters. So glad I finished this!

Please comment what you think and remember to like it! Thanks! <3