Chapter 25: The Secrets Of Past Revealed

After basically power walking to the building where my Dad's office was in, I was pretty much numb to everything. The scene at the shack was just pissing me off the more and more I thought of it. If I would not have seen it with my own I eyes, I would have given Aiden the benefit of the doubt, but there was no room for anything but the truth. The thought of him and her. I thought I was going to be sick. I just thank heaven above I got there when I did and not a minute after. The scene was bad enough with the evident make-out session. I didn't need to see anything else.

I think what infuriated me the most is that he went after me. What did he think he was going change? I had got the picture without any further details, but I was warned. A part of me didn't want to believe Jordan, at least the part of them picking up where they left off last summer. It was clearly wishful thinking. I could kick myself for losing sleep over who to choose, when clearly Aiden wasn't waiting for a choice.

I took a deep breath and stared and the door to the office. I yanked it open and my Dad was on the phone. He motioned for me to sit down while he grunted in acknowledgment to the person on the other line. He didn't look angry, but then again he could have been keeping his emotions in check for the person he was talking to. After a while he said a brief goodbye and hung up the phone.

"Thank you for rushing over here." He said sarcastically.

"I got...distracted." I replied vaguely. Well if that wasn't the understatement of the century. I almost laughed at the injustice of my excuse in comparison to the actual situation, the keyword is almost. I was still pissed. My Dad brushed off my excuse and continued.

"I have some news. It's up to you if it's good or bad." He said briefly.

"It's most likely bad, but go on." I replied dryly.

"I'm sure the news has already come to your ears that Shelly Darson one of our couch's step-daughters is on campus. I also know that if you've heard of her, Jordan has already gave you more information then you need to know about her. So since we both know who I'm talking about, by the look on your face, here is the situation. The cabin that Shelly stayed in every year was torn down in reconstruction. Now, I bet you'll never guess what is standing in the very place where the old cabin was located?" He said with a knowing stare. Oh God no. I closed my eyes and laughed a humorless laugh.

"My cabin." I said in ironic disbelief.

"Bingo. Now, since you're are so kind, you have extended an invitation for Shelly to stay with you." He said in his indefinite voice. He was really not done making my life a living hell.

"The heck I have. She can sleep on the grass for all I care." I guess it wasn't fair that I was taking this out on her.  As far as she was concerned Aiden was a free agent, but any relative to Veronica couldn't be anything good.

"I wasn't asking you Maddy. I was informing you. It's already been arranged." He said dryly.

"Fine, you're right. Now that I think of it, I did extend an invitation, and you know what else I've done? I've decided that I'm leaving tonight, so this Kelly...Shelly...whatever, can help herself!" I stood up to leave the office.

"You stop right there young lady. You are not going anywhere. In fact you're going to go and help Shelly into your cabin right now." He said harshly.

"What did I do to deserve this. You punish me by locking me in my cabin, and I don't make an effort to leave. You tell me that I'm coaching a team of guys that could tear me apart, and I do it. Now you want me to what? Take a pledge of sorority sisters with a girl that as of twenty minutes ago hates my guts. No, I won't do it. I feel like I keep getting punished for the same mistake, and the truth of the matter is I don't think it has anything to do with the golf carts." I exploded.