Taking Chances

Camila's PoV

It was finally game time. I was out on that ice, kicking serious ass. When Coach Lit called me off the ice to take a breather, I protested but followed orders. I took a large sip from my water bottle and caught my breath. I received a few pats on my back for my good game so far. I couldn't do any of this without the team though. I didn't just play for myself.

Normally I would take a moment to look in the crowd, spotting my personal fans. That evening I wasn't about to take the chance. It may throw off my game. If anything, not looking for a familiar face or two made me want to play that much more.

Before I knew it, I was back on the ice. I felt pride in myself when I body checked that bitch into the board. She was the meanest player on our opponent's team. Our team was winning of course, but not by much. And if wasn't for my checking #8, then they'd only be one point behind us. I was not going to lose that easily.

"Cabello! Penalty!" Shit. I 'accidently' tripped #8 too.

"What?!" I skated up to the referee and got in his face. I pulled my mask up and gave my meanest look. "It wasn't my fault she skated over my stick!" My eyes narrowed at him as I watched him think about it.

"Two minutes." He said firmly, ushering me to the penalty booth.

"Oh whatever!" I spat and shoved past him. The crowd was cheering my name. My eyes wandered on their own and my heart skipped a few beats when I noticed those two faces I so desperately tried to ignore. Lauren was sitting beside Sofi who was sitting beside Kyla and Austin was at the end. A part of me should've felt happy to see them all there. But really, it made me feel a little sick. Even though I couldn't exactly toss Lauren out of my head, I tried to just not think about her during my game.

How the hell was I supposed to deal with the fact that I was falling hard for my boyfriend's cousin?

She saw my eyes connect with her and she lifted her hand to wave slightly. That made me smile. She should be pissed at me. I haven't talked to her since that night we kissed, unless you count the one syllable words in English Lit and Civics when we were swapping answers. I spent my lunches with Trixie, Kyla, Sofi and her 'best friend' Sammy. Lauren usually took off on lunches by herself.

My penalty was over and I was out on the ice again. In my two minutes of being locked up, the other team scored another point.

Fuckers.

Should've believed me when I said #8 'tripped' on my stick.

We had one minute left of the last period. So I, Camila Cabello, was on a mission to kick some Mustang ass.

I had the puck and made my way down the rink like my ass was on fire. I passed to Trixie and got in front of stupid #8 again, waiting for the pass back. My adrenaline was pumping and I was so close to having one more score. The puck landed in front of my stick and bam! It went dead between the goalies legs.

My team mates tackled me to the ice as we screamed with joy. We won! Not by much, but we were still undefeated and that was all that mattered.

After showering and changing I made my way out of the change room and was met by Trixie and Coach Lit. I raised my eyebrow as Coach opened my hand and stuff something inside of it before winking and walking away. I opened my hand and there was a 'C' patch.

"Nice game Captain," Trixie bumped my hip with hers as we made our way out towards the concession.

"I'm sure the guys on the team will be thrilled to have a girl as their captain." I rolled my eyes. I was excited though. I made Captain and it made my evening.