Your Kiss Might Kill Me

Camila's PoV

Practice was hell. Pure hell because I was on cloud nine. I was on cloud nine because within those couple hours, I'd be making love to Lauren.

Finally.

Not just hot steamy sex in an arena shower stall, or quick touches in her bed with people under the same roof, just Lauren and myself - all alone in a huge bed with no interruptions. Naturally my parents have the number to the hotel and so does Sofi. As well as Austin's parents because of Lauren. But my parents never call for me on away games and I highly doubted Mr. and Mrs. Mahone would and well, if my sister called and interrupted something, she already knew her ass would be grass. She promised to keep the calling in an emergency only.

I promised I'd get Lauren off her back about Sammy and her k-i-s-s-i-n-g.

Brings me back to why practice was pure hell. I was too good. I was so good that we decided to play a short game so I could be good some more. I just wanted to do my best so we could end the damn thing early, but Coach Caron wanted to push the team harder to see just how good we could be when under pressure.

Hell.

After practice ended, I quickly changed and skipped the shower. I figured I'd shower as soon as I got back to the room. I missed Lauren and knowing she was all alone made me hurt.

I opened the door to our room and quietly shut the door in case she was sleeping. It was going on 11:30pm and I wasn't sure if she'd be resting but I wanted to be considerate. I placed my hockey gear down by the door and just as stripped my shirt to make my way to the shower, I felt my body be pressed up against the wall, Lauren's lips on mine.

"Mmf." I moaned and gripped my fingers in her hair, accepting her friendly tongue. When she started to move her lips down my neck and shoulders, I pushed her back slightly, panting. "Laur, I need to shower."

Lauren pulled back and pouted. Her eyes were dark with want and it made my knees weak. "I've been waiting for you and now I have to wait some more?"

"I'll be quick, I promise." I kissed her softly and she responded by pushing me harder into the wall with her body. Her hands caressing the bare skin of my lower back, making their way up to my bra clasp, flicking it open. I willingly allowed the material to fall to the floor between us. I groaned when the robe she had on, came open and I could feel her warm skin pressed against mine. She was naked. Oh God she was naked. I slid my hands under her robe and sighed at the feel of her smooth skin. It then occurred to me that I had yet to clean all the sweat away from my skin. "Super quick." I ripped myself away from her and grabbed my shower bag, closing the bathroom door.

How I was able to resist was beyond me. I just wanted to smell good for her instead of being sweaty. Maybe I'd do the whole sweaty thing later on down the road, but tonight needed to be perfect.

"That's not fair Camila!" She yelled through the door and I heard footsteps making their way back to the bed. I chuckled and finished undressing myself.

I washed everywhere thoroughly while hurrying. I didn't want to keep Lauren waiting any longer and I sure as hell didn't want to wait any longer either.

I dried off as quickly as I could and towel dried my hair. I didn't want to waste time with my hair dryer, I was hot as it was. Slipping on my fresh clean black jersey, I opened the door and found that the TV was off and the only light in the room was the ones from the city, shining through. My eyes adjusted to the darkened room and I found Lauren, lying on her back, eyes closed on the bed.

I bit my lip and quietly made my way over, crawling onto the bed and peered over at her relaxed form. She was sleeping. Or very good at pretending. Her one hand was above her head while the other rested on her stomach, over the sheet that covered her body. From the looks of it, she wasn't wearing anything either. I felt my heart charge up a storm of nervousness and excitement all at the same time.