Author's Note (3.14.2014)

So I'm going to make this quick, because frankly I want to get Chapter 16 posted so I can go ahead and finish up Chapter 17 and the first chapter of URA Fever by the beginning of next week.

First off, I want to apologize for my absence from this site. If you had left a message on my message board or in my inbox asking about my whereabouts, or when exactly I'd be posting the next chapter, then please let me say that I didn't see them and that I wasn't ignoring you. This was all me.

I didn't exactly expect for Burn to get so much attention--or any attention at all for that matter. It put a lot of pressure on me about my writing and my storytelling, feeding my anxiety about my literary work. I’m not a college student or somebody with an English degree underneath my belt like many of the talented fan fiction writers you find on AO3; I’m still a 17 year old junior in high school who makes plenty of mistakes and is still learning the process of plotting and drafting and editing and character development.  But during this whole thing, I still can’t help but compare my work to theirs and feel disappointed, even embarrassed. My insecurity and fear about my work not being good enough played a major part in why I had delayed an update in so long, and I’m sorry.

There were some other contributing factors, too. My school work and college applications, my new job, my desire to finish reading half of the books currently gathering dust on my bookshelf, and above all, my horrible habit of procrastinating everything I do until the last minute. I’m still working on it all, but I’m gonna try to find a way to balance everything. Due to my new job and approaching exams, I won’t be able to be on this site as much as I’d like, but I will still be on nonetheless. I’m really interested in finishing up URA Fever, especially since I have a good, solid idea of where I want it to go.

During the summer, I’ll be working on a lot of one-shots and experimental writing projects, so there will be a lot more to come.

Concerning Burn, I never plan on giving up the project. My hiatus was unexpected and lasted much longer than I had planned, but now that it’s over, I’m getting back to work. There will be a lot more explaining about Louis’ and Harry’s past and current relationship in the coming chapters and even an introduction of a new character. Of course, there’s still a lot more to get done—I’d say about fifteen or so more chapters. However, I plan on making them a lot shorter than my past updates, considering how long the story already is and also my hope to be finished with this project by Late Summer/Early Fall.

Lastly, I apologize again for those who have been so, so patient or any of those I have disappointed. I’m sorry and I hope, in the future, we can make amends. I love all of my fans and readers and friends on here, and your support is the only thing that keeps me coming back. ♡ ♡ ♡

If you have any questions or concerns concerning anything or everything, please comment below or drop a message on my message board, inbox. If you prefer to stay anonymous you can leave it in my ask.fm or tumblr. I just want to hear from you guys. 

Much love, Bella 

Note: I'll be deleting this note/chapter once a get a few more chapters up.