Prologue

Central Intelligence Agency

Washington D.C. 20505

23 April 2019

To the parents of Justin M. Ledford,

I am writing to inform you of a study being conducted within the Central Intelligence Agency headed by Drs. Edwin J. Lowery and Berta Drechsler. Your child's recent performance on the 2018 Fall SCOPE examinations has indicated an extreme aptitude for this study. His/her voluntary participation would be highly appreciated.

You will accompany your child to our site in western Virginia with all travel expense paid. There, he/she will be housed in a secure, monitored facility for the duration of the month of June 2019, during which time he/she will be asked to complete a varied set of puzzles and tasks that are designed to test and characterize neuroplasticity, memory, concentration, coordination, information processing and more.

All participants will be compensated in the amount of $5,000 at the conclusion of the month-long testing period, given satisfactory completion of all assigned tasks.

If you and your child are interested in participating, please complete the enclosed form and return it in the pre-paid envelope included. Additional details of the study will be sent to you promptly upon your response. Your child has no obligation to participate, and if you do not respond we will make no further attempts to contact you from this point forward.

Best regards,

Nadia Mendoza

Special Advisor to the

Director of Central Intelligence