Chapter 15

•Edited•

~Claire~

To say that I am surprised by the new gossip is an understatement.

I'm completely in shock.

All day I've been listening to people go on and on about the news of a fellow Hogwarts student.

A fellow Gryffindor.

A fellow black haired Gryffindor.

A fellow black haired Hogwarts Gryffindor student, by the name of Sirius Black.

It started this morning when I walked down the stairs to the Gryffindor common room. Where I found Black being surrounded by students of all ages.

Even the prefects were there.

What surprised me the most, was that Black was frowning at them. As if he didn't want to be there.

He looked distracted.
Like he really wanted to get somewhere. Or maybe he was meeting someone?
But Black is the type of person who craves attention.

Why would now be any different?

I couldn't hear what they were saying from here. So as soon as Black left, I ran up to one of the guys that was trying to talk to him.

"Hey! What happened with Sirius Black?" I asked as I got his attention.

"You mean you haven't heard?"

I shook my head 'no' as he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Sirius Black just announced that he never dated Donna Stull."

"But I was under the impression he was," I stated with a confused look.

"Weren't we all?"

I nodded with a questioning glance before walking off to the Great Hall. Where I had a very skeptical breakfast with the girls.

"Did you guys hear about what Black did?" Lily asked as she eyed Potter and Black.
"You mean the whole 'He was never dating Donna' thing?" I asked as I also looked over at them.
"Yeah, but apparently Donna yelled at him in the middle of the corridor. Telling him that she was to good for him anyway," Lily explained.
"So what does that have to do with Black?" I asked, while Camellia glanced back and forth from Lily to me every time one of us talked.
"Apparently, he yelled back at her. Said she's the reason he lost his only love. Rubbish if you ask me," Lily scoffed, a scowl forming on her face as Potter looked over at her with a smirk.

After Sirius and I broke up, I went back to despising all of the Marauders.
Including Remus, much to Camellia's dislikes.

"I dunno. I heard he went a whole two months with out dating anyone," Camellia stated, shooting me a glance as she played with her oatmeal.
"I heard he was dating someone in those two months, but was cheating on her the whole time," I growled.
"I heard he actually liked the girl he was dating and never actually cheated on her," Camellia quipped, dropping her spoon as she squinted her eyes at me.
"I heard he never cared about the girl he was dating and was only trying to break her heart!" I shot with a glare.
"I heard he loved the girl he was dating and never meant to break her heart!" Camellia shot back.

Camellia and I didn't notice, but the whole hall was watching us.
Even the Slytherins.

In fact, we didn't even notice Remus trying to calm his girlfriend down, or Sirius, who had been watching us with a heartbreaking frown.
Or even Lily, who was watching her friends go at each other with a very unamused look.