3: "You're Odd,"

"Robyn!"

I moan, pulling the covers up over my head. It's too early. What's that noise? Sounds too high-pitched. The kind of sound that makes you want to curl up and die when you hear it in the morning.

"Robyn! For God's sake!"

The covers are pulled off me sharply. The breeze hits me, even though it's warm.

"Get up."

"No," I protest, dragging out the word as much as I could.

"You're coming with us today, quickly, get up."

This wakes me up. I open my eyes sharply, to see Charlotte staring down at me. She's folding her arms, looking impatient - and very grown up. She's wearing a white tank top and dark pink denim shorts; and my God, are they short! Although, Charlotte pulls them off, her legs are slim. I often envy her figure, even though she hasn't filled it out yet.

"What time is it?" I ask, rubbing my tired eyes.

"Eight o'clock," Charlotte replies, tucking a piece of her waist-length blonde hair behind her ear.

I'm usually up at this time, being the early riser I am, so why am I so tired?

Then I remember.

I yawn, confirming my thoughts. I spent the night with Jamie - in an innocent way, of course. I can't remember what time exactly I got home at, but I know it was late. I pull the sheets back over my head.

"Let me sleep," I mumble.

Charlotte sighs. She doesn't want to let me sleep. 

"Mum says you have to get up now." she tells me.

"Where are we going?"

"The zoo,"

I snort. "I'm not going to the zoo."

"You have to, it's out of range."

I sigh again, loudly this time. Why couldn't they just go into town? I hear Charlotte leave the room. She knows I'm too awake to go back to sleep. As soon as I hear the door shut I throw the covers off and stand up, preparing to dress myself. I don't see the point in lying in bed when I'm awake.

I pick my shorts off the ground and throw them on my bed. I'll take them to the laundry hut later. Then I notice something fall out of my shorts. I pick it up, it's a piece of paper. I uncrumple it before reading it.

'Try to be ready this time -J'

I smile, reading over the handwriting. Then I throw it into the bin, and continue getting changed. I slip on my white floral shorts and denim shirt with a white tank top underneath. I decide not to wear my Dr Martens, as they basically have the same pattern as my shorts; so I settle for my Converse.

I get washed at go into the kitchen for breakfast. My family look bright and cheery, unfortunately.

"Good morning!" Mum chrips.

I groan. I'm usually a morning person, but not today. I pour myself a bowl of cereal and slump into an empty seat at the kitchen table.

 "Are you ready for the zoo?" Dad asks.

"I guess so," I answer, rubbing my eyes.

"Good, because we'll be going for a walk on the beach afterwards."

I groan and cover my face with my hands, in an attempt to hide myself from my family. When my dad does his monkey impression I realise it didn't work.