Chapter 15

Awesome banner on the side of this chapter and the epilogue done by iHeart17

Tristan

As I held Ariana in my arms and watched Samantha sleep restlessly, I wished there was something I could do to ease her suffering. I knew Devin was planning on ending his bond with her, but could he really go through with it? I don’t know what a werewolf bond feels like, but I know what my love for Samantha feels like and if it’s anything like that, I don’t know how he’ll manage to give it up.

Samantha thrashed around a little more and I quickly placed Ariana in her basinet in case I needed to restrain Samantha, who knows what would happen once the bond was ended. After a few more thrashes, she stopped moving, took a deep breath and whispered, “Devin.”  I sat next to her on the bed and took her hand in mine, lightly stroking her knuckles with my thumb, and watched her eye lids flutter, then open revealing those beautiful hazel eyes and was shocked by what I saw.

Her eyes no longer held the deep sadness that always lurked behind the love she showed me. They were clear, and bright with all the promises of the future we could happily have. There was no longer something holding a piece of her away from me. She was free from the chains of her bond, and it seemed as if the weight of the world had been lifted from her shoulders.

“Hey baby, how you feeling?” I whispered, not wanting to ruin the peace that I felt settle around us.

“Tristan? What happened? I feel…different…lighter. I had the weirdest dream and in it Devin was talking to me. He said he was releasing me then I saw him carve out his mark. Why would he do that?” she asked confused.

“Because he finally learned to put you first.” I stated simply.

She looked at me, baffled. Then the brightest smile I’ve ever seen lit her face, “He ended our bond completely? I’m truly free of it?”

“Yeah, honey, I think you are.” I couldn’t help but smile back.

Then her smile turned bitter sweet, and I worried that she was regretting Devin’s actions. “What’s wrong Samantha? I thought this is what you wanted.”

“It is. It’s just that I know what it felt like to carve out the mark and I can imagine what Devin is going through right now. It’s painful to go against nature like that, and even though we are no longer bonded, he is the father of my child and my alpha. I think I need to see him, make sure he’s alright and figure out where we go from here.” 

I was a little reluctant to let her go, a part of me still feared I’d lose her to Devin, even without the bond. As if sensing where my thoughts were headed, she sat up and took my face in her hands, “I know what you’re thinking Tristan and you can stop that right now. I love you, have always loved you, and I will keep on loving you but this is something I need to do. If I can be strong enough to get through this, you need to be strong enough to overcome your insecurities when it comes to Devin. Can you do that? For me?” she asked as she looked directly into my eyes.

Didn’t she know I would jump over the moon for her if she asked? “I can definitely do that, I love you so much Samantha Redwood, you know that right?” I said earnestly, allowing all the love I felt for her to pour out thru my words.