Chapter 16

Amber POV:
The next few days flew by fast, and they were alright, well, for me anyways. Firefly, Mia's horse, was stolen a few nights ago and I felt bad. I don't like Mia much but I felt really bad when I found out that Firefly was stolen. Nobody should have to go through that. Nobody.

Also, Zoe ticked Pin off at pony camp and followed him home and found out about the pony. I didn't like the fact that she tries to get involved in everybody's life and I told Pin about it, but I knew that it wasn't his fault. He followed him. I would have stopped her but I was still at the stables helping with some kids.

Also, a few days ago, Zoe's mom showed up and apparently Zoe isn't allowed to ride. Why would she not tell us that? I don't know. Everyone has their reasons.

I see Becky and Jade walking towards me as I pet Sparrows neck while she's out in her paddock. "Hey. What's up?" I ask. "Do you want to go to the cafe with us?" Jade asks. "Uhh. Sure" I say. "Can I ask why though?" I ask.

"We're going to meet up with Zoe. She's not aloud to be here" Becky says sadly. "Oh. Ok, lets go then" I say. They smile and I follow them out of Bright Fields.

We arrive at the cafe in no time at all and Zoe is already there waiting at a table. Zoe spots us and waves us down. We smile at her and sit down at the table that she was.

"So what's up?" Jade asks. "Nothing" she says. "I miss coming to the barn with you guys though" she says. "Yeah. We miss you too. Especially Marcus" Becky gushes, nudging Zoe.

I give her an empathetic look. Here they go again. "Guys. This isn't why we're here" Zoe says. "Then why are we?" I ask, confused. "Oh. Right" Becky says. They explain to me about how Ravens tail was braided and that Firefly wasn't supposed to be taken.

"Wait. So you think that your planning to kidnap Raven?" I ask. They nod. Becky pulls out a riding crop. "I found this though" she says. I take the crop in my hands and examine it. "What so important about the riding crop?" I ask.

"Becky and I found it in the barn. It doesn't belong to anyone at the stables. We think it could have been left by the horse thief" Jade explains as Zoe takes the crop from my hands.

I noticed that Becky seemed awfully interested in something or someone. "If Marcus was my boyfriend, I would just stare at him all day" she says. Of course Marcus and witch one and two are here.

"I'm sure that he would love that" Zoe chuckles. Jade makes a comment about Marcus and Mia but I just ignore it. I don't want to hear anything to do with Mia. "Maybe he likes games just as much as she does" Zoe rolls her eyes.

"Incoming" Becky tenses. I look up and see that Marcus was walking over to our table. "Becky, Jade, Amber, hi Zoe" he smiles at each of us, his eyes lingering on Zoe's for much longer than the rest of us. He totally likes her.

He sits down at our table beside Zoe before handing us a stack of flyers. "These are for the county show" he begins. "Becky, do you mind popping these around the shop?" He asks. We all give Becky an encouraging look as she just stares as Marcus with her mouth hanging open.

"Pop..." she stammers, staring at Marcus. "Dental surgery. She can't really speak right now" Zoe interrupts, trying to help her friend and taking the flyers from Marcus. While doing so, I noticed that their hands touched and they looked at each other.

"Did you feel that?" Marcus asks. Zoe nods. "Like electricity" she says. They would be so cute together. I see Mia glaring daggers at us, or, more specifically, Zoe. But since Marcus' back was turned to her, he was oblivious to what was happening.

"Oh no. Your jacket. It's nylon. Super conductive...." Jade trails off. "You seem awfully quiet Amber, is everything alright?" Marcus asks. I look up and nod. "Yeah. Tired" I partially lie. Yes, I was tired, but there were some other factors too.

"Are you su-" he begins but Mia cuts him off. "Marcus, can we just order?" She asks with a fake smile. He nods. "Wait. Is this yours by the way? We found it this morning" Jade asks, showing him the crop.

He shrugs. "I've never seen it before, later" he says, standing up and walking back over to sit with Mia and Susie. "How was I? I almost spoke to hot Marcus" Becky says, grabbing my arm. "You were fantastic" I chuckle.

"It it's not Marcus', who is it?" Zoe asks, taking the crop in her hands. "Maybe it belongs to ghost pony" Becky exclaims. "I don't think that its quite that old" Jade says, but it is strange" she adds.

"So Rosie didn't braid Ravens tail and someone's been sneaking into the yard at night. We need to talk to Sam" Zoe says. I nod and check my phone. I've been texting Amy all day and she still hasn't responded. Usually she checks up on me around noon. She's 3 hours late. I know that she's busy and it's probably nothing but it still worries me. A lot.

"Amber? You ok?" Zoe asks. "Yeah. Fine" I smile at her before standing up. "Let's go talk to Sam and save your horse" I smile at her. Becky watched Marcus up until we left the cafe. We walk back to the stables and start explaining everything to Sam.

Secret POV:
I've been watching Amy all day and I've been thinking about the best way to hurt her, and, how to make it look like an accident.

An idea crosses my mind. I stole her phone earlier today so she won't have any support until the paramedics arrive, and I had also stolen her car keys. It was diabolical, but I was going to wait until nightfall, because that way, it was going to seem even more like an accident.

Sorry Amy. No hard feelings