Chapter 28

Amber POV:
I wandered through all the dancing people, continuing to think why I thought that coming here would be a good idea and would be a fun time. It was currently anything but fun.

Jade and Becky had took off and I noticed them talking to Sam and some police officer. Eventually, Sam and the guy were face to face with each other and Jade and Becky took off.

They eventually ran into Marcus and Becky exclaimed "bad Marcus. Bad" for some unknown reason. I mostly stayed in the corners, my feet starting to ache. Everybody seemed to be having a good time except for me. Tim and Zoe's mom were dancing, Marcus was talking to Jade and Becky, Sam was dancing with the police officer, and Pin and Mia were walking around. I hadn't seen Susie yet tonight.

I let out a quiet sigh and lean against the wall trying to ease the pressure off of my feet. "Hey" someone's voice says. "Oh. Hey Susie" I say. She gives me a look. "Why the long face?" She asks. I shrug. "No reason" I say as if it's nothing. "Is this about the Pin and Mia thing?" She asks, giving me a knowing look.

I sigh and nod. "Kinda, yeah" I say. "Well, if it makes you feel any better, Pin didn't have a choice. Mia's using him to get back at Marcus and Zoe for some reason. You didn't hear this from me" she says sheepishly.

"Susie! What are you doing? She'll drag you down to her nerd depths" Mia exclaims, Pin by her side. He glances at me but I look away. Mia grabs Susie by her wrist and drags her away from me. Susie gives me a sympathetic look but I just shake it off. It's not her fault that her best friend is a witch.

I was alone again. "Hey" Zoe says standing beside me. "I'm guessing that you're a bit shaken up by the Pin and Mia thing?" She says. I nod sheepishly. "What did Susie have to say?" She asks. "Nothing. It doesn't really matter" I say.

She puts a hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry" she says before walking away. I stand alone for a bit longer but I start to get uncomfortable due to the fact that Pin kept staring at me. I knew that he was staring yet I chose not to make eye contact with him.

All of a sudden, Rosie gets up on stage with the biggest smile on her face. She starts going on about the fact that we do enjoy working with poo covered horses but we do clean up nicely. She then goes on to announce the pony prom king and queen.

"And the pony prom king and queen are..." she opens the envelope. "Mia and Marcus!" She exclaims, but Marcus was nowhere to be seen. Mia on the other hand pushes Pin away and practically runs up beside Rosie. "Marcus?" Rosie asks. I look over and see that he had dashed out of the barn, and I also noticed that Zoe was no where to be seen. A warm smile creeps onto my face. He is totally in love with her.

Mia eventually steps down and everybody goes back to dancing and talking to each other. "Hey" someone gently grabs my wrist. "What do you want Pin?" I ask, slightly annoyed. "Can we talk?" He asks. I sigh. "What is there to say Pin? After everything that she's said. That she's done. You still decide to show up wi-" I was cut off by his lips being pressed against mine.

My eyes widen in shock and I just stand there for a moment before gently kissing back. We eventually break away. "Can we talk now?" He asks. I was still a bit stunned to say anything, so I nod and he leads me out of the barn and we stand in a secluded spot.

"Mia wanted to get back at Marcus and Zoe so she made me go with her, and believe me, I didn't want to, but she threatened to tell everybody about your secrets and I didn't know if she was bluffing or not so I just went with it because you don't deserve to have to live with everybody knowing about your secrets" he finishes his rant and I gently press my lips against his again.

He shakes his arms around my waist and I wrap my arms around his neck to deepen the kiss. It continues until a loud whinny ripples through the air. "Raven!" A voice shrieks. Zoe.

Pin and I glance at each other before running off to the stables and we immediately see Zoe collapsed on the ground in Ravens empty stall, Marcus standing beside her. A pained whinny sounds from another stall. Sparrow.

I run to her stall and see that she was lying down has cuts on all 4 of her legs. "Sparrow!" I cry, dropping to the ground beside her, taking her head in my lap and running my hands down her neck. I look behind me and see that Pin had disappeared, but at this point, I didn't care, even though we were kissing not two minutes ago.

He suddenly returns with bandages and sedatives and hands them to me. The cuts weren't deep but they looked painful, clearly painful enough for her to be on the ground. I start wrapping her wounds as gently as possible while Pin injects her with sedatives and strokes her face to keep her calm.

I finish bandaging her legs and hug her tightly, my makeup rolling down my face. "I'm so sorry" Pin says, wrapping an arm around me and pulling me into his chest. It did fill me with some comfort, but I still felt awful. Like I wanted to throw up.

"You can go home. I'm staying with her for a bit" I mutter. "You know I'm not going to do that" he says. I sit up. "You need to be here early tomorrow, and you have a pony you have to take care of" I add.

He sighs. "I'm not going to argue with you because I know that it will make you feel worse" he begins, kissing my cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow" he says before standing up and walking out of Sparrows stall.

Carefully, I take Sparrows head into my lap and stroke her face. "It made no sense. They got Raven, why did they want to hurt Sparrow? Unless...the guys who took Raven aren't the same guys who hurt Sparrow. Someone is targeting me.

All of a sudden, a damp cloth is pressed against my mouth and my eyelids get really heavy. I try not to breath in but it's too late. My body falls limp and the last thing I see before I pass out is someone's boots.