Harry, 20

I was not planning on updating this story but got a weird desire to do so. 

__________________

Harry, 20

I had just gotten back in the country after wrapping up promotions for our new album before the holiday and the last thing I wanted was to be in a club. But I also wanted to spend time with Olive and if she wanted to go out dancing then I had no other choice. But now as I watched her across the room with Niall, I was really regretting it.

It was like a knife to my heart. I mean, she had no reason to be concerned with me, we were only friends. Somewhere along the way though, she'd crept into my heart and my head and I just...I couldn't get her out no matter how hard I tried. She was my best friend. I didn't want anything to ruin that. I wanted to make sure she stayed in my life. Pursuing a relationship with her, while my career was still red hot just didn't seem fair. What if my celebrity got in the way? What if she hated the spotlight my status would inevitably shine into her life? What if she ended up hating me for it? I couldn't imagine it. I couldn't lose her over it. But watching her put her hand on his shoulder and laugh was making my heartache.

I hated not being the one making her laugh like that. Not being the one to put my hand on her hip as I leaned in to whisper in her ear. I never should have introduced her to my band mates.

She turned her head to look at me just then. Her eyes locking on mine in an intense stare. Like she knew I'd been staring at her or worse, like she knew what I'd been thinking. She started to make her way over to me and I turned back to join in Grimmy's conversation. I felt her fingers wrap around my arm and turn me around.

"Hey" She smiled as she whirled me around, "Everything alright?"

"Yeah, I'm just tired." I lied and took a sip of my drink. I hated myself. I wasn't angry with her, but why did I feel like I was.

She stared back at me, obviously confused, questions written all over her face,

"Harry-"

"I'm fine," I snapped and tried to turn back to my friends.

"What is going on? You're not fine." She glared at me.

"I'm just tired." I shot back.

What was I doing? She knew something was wrong, after fifteen years she could read me better than I could read myself. But, I wasn't ready to admit what that meant to myself much less tell her. She grabbed my hand, pushing her self through the crowd towards the backdoor. She pulled me through the door into the cold, back London alleyway.

"Alright, stop!" She commanded, holding my hands in hers. The physical contact caused my heart to speed up. I met her gaze. She was, understandably, pissed,

"What the hell is going on? Does this have to do with Niall?"

"What you think I'm jealous of Horan?" I shook my head, breaking our hands apart, trying to side step her and make my way back inside.

"Dammit Styles! Talk!" She shook her head, stepping in front of me so I couldn't walk away.

I glared at her. I could feel it, the explosion about to happen. It started in my toes and rose up through my legs to my stomach until I opened my mouth,

"We should go back in, I'm sure Niall is missing you." I hissed.

Her mouth fell open a bit. Her big brown eyes blinked back at me in shock.

"Am I supposed to apologize for flirting with an attractive boy?" She placed her hand on her hips. "And why do you even care? It's not like we're dating. Am I not aloud to have guy friends?"

"It's just you seem to be friends with a lot of guys."

"I'm friends with a lot of guys? That's rich coming from Mr. Female Friendly." Her eyes were full of rage.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I yelled.

"Let's go down the list shall we? Caroline, Taylor, Cara, Kendall." Tears formed in her eyes. "Want me to go on?"

"No," I say looking at the ground. "It's just weird seeing my two best mates flirting." I lied, just wanting to end the argument.

"Well get used to it, because I really like him Harry." Her words stung.

"How long?" I asked, not wanting to know the answer.

"About four months now." A small smile formed on her face. "We started talking when I got back from visiting you on tour in America. We were planning on telling you over the break. Niall was going to invite you over for dinner and we were going to let you know then. I'm sorry, this is how you found out."

I looked up at her, my chest pounding from pain. She gave me a small smile and moved towards me taking my hands in hers.

"You're my best friend Harry," she looked up at me with her big brown eyes, "No man will ever change that or come between us." She stood on her tiptoes and softly kissed my cheek. Just then the backdoor swung open and Niall stepped out.

"Oh I'm sorry," He said looking a way like he had interrupted a private moment between lovers. 

"It's okay Niall." She giggled, a huge smile forming on her face. "I told him." She let go of my hands and moved towards him.

"Oh," he sighed and stepped closer to her, wrapping his arms around her waist, my stomach sank at the sight. "We were going to tell ya mate."

"I know." I looked at the ground. "It's okay, just know that if you hurt her, I'll kill you." I meant it.

"Yeah," he chuckled, "Don't plan on letting this one go." He pulled Olive in closer and kissed her on the cheek making her giggle. "We should get going." He looked at her.

"Alright, I'll meet you at the car." She turned to him and gave him a small kiss before he disappeared back inside the club. She walked over to me and took my hands again.

"Best friends?" She asked.

"Best friends." I sighed as she wrapped her arms around me, squeezing me tightly.

"I love you." She whispered into my ear.

"I love you too." I said, my hands wrapping around her waist and not wanting to let go. She gave me another kiss on the cheek and pulled away.

I watched as she opened thedoor and disappearing like her Irish man before her, clueless that she was taking my heart with her.    

________________________________________

Well I hope you enjoyed this. Please let me know what you thought and if you would like me to continue with this story. 

XX

Scout