Prologue

Prologue:

Harry, 25

There was the scar behind her left knee that she got when we went fishing with my step-dad and I hooked her instead or the fish. And then there is the matching one above her right eye from first grade when Mark threw a rock at her for calling him a bully.

The one under her chin from the summer before fourth grade when Gemma double dogged dared her to do a back flip off the high dive at the pool and she hit her chin on the board.

And my favorite, the one on her right side just below her rib cage, from the first time we had too much to drink at sixteen and she tried to sneak back into her house through a window but fell into the rose bushes instead of into her room.

The list could go on, the stories of how she got them endless. I know the story behind every scar on her body, both seen and unseen, inside and out. Each one familiar and loved by me. I use to flinch every time she would somehow get a new one, but she would just smile and say, "It's nothing but a playground injury."

Most people find scars to be repulsive and ugly, but she and I adore them. Our scars are what built us, what made us strong, what connects us and what keeps us going. They are beautiful reminders of what has happened and what is to come in our lifes. But most importantly they are what brought the two of us together, what made us... Well, us. Without those scars we would be nothing.

I had a love and hate relationship with those scars. Love, because her scars are what made her special to me. And hate, because in the end they are what took her away from me.

But I guess in the end it was nothing but a playground injury.

______________________________________________________________

This is a new story that I'm really excited about and want to know what you all think. Now, this is just a short little prologue to give you all an introduction to the story and to put feelers out there to see what you all think about it. And I want to thank my bestie @Stylinonm104 for the amazing and beautiful cover, I love and adore you!

Please let me know any thoughts you have and if you like the idea.

Also don't forget to vote!

I Love You All!

*Little_lamb315*