Chapter 2

Iris's POV

"Have you met him yet?" Beth asked as I walked into the production trailer at a quarter till seven.

"Good morning to you too." I said as I made my over to the walkie station to grab my handset and earpiece. "You mean Nolan? Yeah, we both met him at the production meeting two days ago."

"No, I mean have you met Harry Styles yet." Beth giggled. She had too much energy for seven in the morning, but who am I kidding, Beth always had too much energy at any time of day. This wasn't my first production with Beth, we had both started as PA's on a now cancelled teen drama and had continued to work on different TV shows off and on together. I was excited when I heard that Melissa brought her on as the key production assistant, it meant I would have a friend on set and someone to drink wine with.

"I don't even know who that is." I yawned grabbing a call sheet for the day and hopping onto her desk. Just then Melissa and Charlie came into the office with coffee in hand.

"Please tell me those two extra coffees are for us." I asked them as they came over to where we were.

"Of course," Charlie said handing me one of the warm cups and giving me a very french style kiss on the cheek. I took a huge sip, letting the warmness of the drink help wake me up even more.

"I told you jet lags a bitch." Melissa smirked. "All right team, let's go over everything really quickly before everything starts."

If someone were to look up 'Boss Ass Bitch' in the dictionary there would be a picture of Melissa. She was everything I wanted to be one day in the industry; funny, smart, kind, but most of all respected. I had met her when she came and spoke to my senior class at USC on what it's like for a woman working as an Assistant Director, and for some reason she took a liking to me. So when she called me up and said she needed a third AD for a feature film production I jumped to take it.

"Okay," Melissa began, "Charlie and Beth will stay here in the office and make sure that everything is getting set up and scheduled for tomorrow. Iris and I will be on set making sure that we stay on schedule today and that everything runs smoothly for Chris." We all nodded. "Iris on top of helping me on set, Charlie will be letting you know where actors need to be for us to stay on schedule."

"Got it." I smiled, knots starting to fill my stomach.

"And if any of us need anything, our private walkie line is nine." Melissa smiled and took a sip of her coffee.

"Alright," Charlie spoke up as he walked over to his desk, "Let's see what's first, actors should be arriving at hair and make up now, so Iris you might want to make your way over there."

"Perfect, who's up first?" I asked as I grabbed my production belt, double-checking to make sure I had everything I needed for the day.

"Styles and Whitehead." He answered, his head buried in his laptop.

"Lucky." Beth sighed and I knew she was referring to this Styles guy. "How I wish I could be you right now."

"Hey," Melissa jumped in, "He's above the line Beth, and you know what that means; off limits." She had a kind sternness in her voice that I had heard many times before.

"I know, but it doesn't mean I can't look." She winked at me.

I rolled my eyes and left the trailer. I stopped to take in the beautiful French day before making my way over to the hair and makeup trailer. Thankfully craft services was on my way and I was able to refill my coffee and grab a donut before the day really kicked off. I walked up the steps to the trailer and knocked.