8

Raven

I made it from the jailhouse sending the Hive 5 dorks to jail. I went back to my room, after Robin informed me that Phoenix was out of her demonic phase. I sighed as I look through my closet for something to sleep in for the night. It was dark in my room like usual. The only light was coming from the open dark purple curtain that usually covers the window. For some reason it was open but I didn't pay it no mind and I was still looking through my closet. I heard a ringing snap that vibrated through the silent room. I turned around and see the lights coming on in the room. It was Phoenix sitting peacefully on the bed, reading a book. A book about happiness, which really confuse me.

"Phoenix why were you reading a book about happiness in the dark?" I asked in total confusion. 

"I don't know I just didn't feel like getting up and turning the lights on," Phoenix said closing the book.

Phoenix but the book to the side of her bed sheets and then at me with a hopeful glint in her eyes.

"You still didn't answer my question on why are you reading a book about happiness?" I closed my closet door, going back to look at Phoenix.

"Because I don't know what happiness is and I was wondering how do a person get or feel happiness," Phoenix smiled a little which had an affect on the lights flickering on and off.

"Why are you so worry about it in the first place you know our magic is connected by our emotions. Happiness is the 2nd worst emotion we could feel. As you can see with the lights flickering on and off"

"I know that, but when I was in my demonic phase Beast Boy asked me what make me happy, and nothing came to mind about what can make me happy because I was never happy,"

"You don't need to be happy not since you have been with dad for all these years,"

"Well that hurts so much for you to say that,"

"What I'm being truthful and you know that our powers are too powerful especially yours to be worry about some happiness when we have the prophecy and the fate of the world in our hands,"

"So this is what all this talk about happiness is all about..... that stupid prophecy!"

I sighed as I turned around from my closet. Staring at Phoenix with disbelief of what I'm hearing.

"That prophecy is not stupid, the world will fall because of dad and it's our fault because we are his portals. We can't do nothing to change that!" I shouted towards Phoenix hoping she will understand me.

"We can change it, anything is possible if you put your mind into it!" Phoenix said putting the book down scooting toward the end of her bed.

"You can't change the prophecy like that, look at us Phoenix we are half demons and we can be easily controlled by dad at any minute,"

"I know that but we have to accept it and move on, we can't help that this is happening to us, but what we can do is rewrite our destinies the way we want them to be,"

"PHOENIX LIKE I SAID WE CANT CHANGE WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE ARE SUPPOSE TO DO!"

"YES WE CAN IM NOT GOING TO LET SOME STUPID PAGE OUT OF AN ANCIENT BOOK DEFINE WHO I AM AND WHAT I WANT TO DO UNLIKE YOU, IM SURE MOM WOULDN'T WANT US TO BE THIS WAY!"