2: A small cloud

While all the drama in Europe is happening, we go several time zones around the world to Kenya, East Africa. Though Kenya is not in deep poverty a dramatic increase in population left not enough money or food to go around everyone. Some families were badly effected. Amani's was one of them.

A family of 2, once 3, now resorted to getting any money they could to pay for the very little food their village had. Amani had started working, underage at 14, in a fruit farm and every day he would go out and work countless hours under the burning sun. There was still very little pay.

Some days he would get home and his father had gone hunting. He wasn't sure if he preferred him there or gone; alone in a hut in a dangerous part of town or sitting silently with a grieving widower he hated for what he did.

He sat down on a moth-eaten mattress in the corner of the "house's" only room. After a couple of minutes he felt a streak of liquid run down his face.

He was crying.

It was unexpected but not entirely surprising. After all, he had literally nothing to be happy about. No mother, food, or house really. He missed his mum. 2 years previously she had died of malaria. How stupid. A tiny bug had taken his mum.

Stupid mosquito

And the government wasn't in a position to put money into the healthcare system. 1 tablet could of saved her.

Stupid government

Then there wasn't enough money to go around so father had to kill. He hated the idea of death. He had nightmares of the day he would die. That is, if he was lucky enough to get any sleep. He felt awful for the animals his father killed and that causes some hatred, even though, deep down, he knew without it he would starve.

Stupid  Father

Then thoughts went back to his mother and went round in a hellish loop of pain.

Several hours later his father crept in through the door with his stolen gun swung on his back. By this time Amani had worked himself into such a state he was collapsed on the floor silently.

"Amani! What the hell are you doing! The police will find us!"

Amani's father's poaching "business" and others similar to it were under big threat from animal protection  companies - something Amani and his father once aspired to be a part of.

"I hope they do. I've had enough of life
and being hungry and never sleeping and hunting and especially, you" he spat.

His father was taken aback. Before had they disagreed, many times in fact but never had he thought he would receive this much disrespect.
Amani noticed.

'You can whip me all you want,"
he said
'I don't care, why should I."

He still recoiled, expecting a hard whip. But nothing came.
Amani's words hit home with his father. He spoke what he was feeling.
These many months he had to put on a stern face and act incredibly strict to hide the real grief inside.

So that night two people sat in a hut crying.

***********************************

Becky's POV

Dad came home today smiling, a good sign. He hasn't done that in a while. He says "Daddy is on TV again tonight"

The way he says it I know he's done well. It's going to be a really motivating speech or something, rather than pleading for people to listen.

When dad does well it makes me appreciate how good I have it. But I can't help feeling something really bad is just around the corner. But for now I'm really pleased, not just for dad but for the animals he's trying to save. I'm 15 now but even since I was young he taught me about poaching. I hate it. And everyone asosiated with it in any way.

************************************

The following day Amani was back in the fields, trying to forget the previous night. It wasnt too hard when you're sweating your life away, literally. He glanced up at the sky and saw a small cloud. It was the first in months. He hoped he would be lucky enough for it to blow over the sun.

But then again, luck hadn't got him anywhere this far in life.

A.N:

Sorry this chapter came really late but I'm on holiday and it's so hard to find WiFi.

Oooh Family drama!
Oooh Tention building!

When will the hackers come??? (Pretty soon)

Tried to do a long-ish chapter (for me anyway) Actually short in everyone else's perspective.

I think the story is a bit weird but hey, if you like it please say!
Any feedback is appreciated (good or bad)

You will get the next chapters when I have WiFi! 😊

Thanks
Harry (NAME REVEALED OOHHHH)