Prom Dresses

•E/C: Eye Color
•Y/N: Your Name
•H/L: Hair Length

—————————————————
Your POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————Your POV:__________________________________

_________________________________

Everything was dark.

Everything was cold.

Everything was quiet.

'What is this place?' I wonder as my E/C eyes gaze around the room composed of darkness. There's nothing; no sound, no furniture, no walls or floor, just empty black. Strangely enough, my body is still visible, like I'm standing beneath a light, but there is no light source that I can see. I can't seem to move or breathe, and everything feels numb.

'Is this a dream?' My body jolts upon feeling something painfully cold brush past me, which causes a shiver to run down my spine. Its touch only lasted a fraction of a second, but it was enough to put me on high alert.

Something's here with me.

I gulp while darting my eyes around in an attempt to find the culprit of the action, but all I can see is black, and I can't turn my head to look behind me, so I just remain on guard. Memories flood into my brain, reminding me of that awful panic attack I had before passing out. It was bad, so bad.

'Did I die? Is this where you go when you die.' My eyes begin to tear up a bit because I don't like it. I hate it here. I feel like something's off about this place. My attention is caught when the shadows in front of me begin to thin, fleeing to the edges of a white wall, which is revealed by their disappearance.

'I'm in a room? I wonder if there's a door? Damn, I wish I could move.' I'm forced to stare at the wall as shadows slither towards the center to form the silhouette of a sheep. The animal walks back and forth like a stop-motion cartoon as it releases silent baas in speech bubbles.

Oddly enough, I found the display kind of cute. It actually brought a small smile to my lips, and the creepy atmosphere seemed to fade away as the sheep prances around. The silhouette's shadows shift to form only an outline of the creature, giving it the appearance of having curly, white wool. As this happens, I notice that the shadows within the surrounding dark mass begin to break off into thousands of mosquito-shaped bits. They all fly towards the sheep and swarm above it as though they're plotting an attack.

My eyes widen in horror as they swoop down to go in for the kill. The sheep is bitten over and over again until it can't take anymore. When it collapses onto its side, the mosquitoes disperse into the darkness. The hair on the back of my neck stands on end upon hearing the sound of buzzing all around me. My face pales in fear as my heart pounds loudly in my chest, for I have a feeling I'm their next target.