Appearance

The flamingos tho 😂😂😂.

Alison's POV.

"Alison, I know it's horrible but - "

"It's worse than horrible!"I snapped, slamming the table cloth with immense force against the wooden surface, already feeling the throbbing pain in my knuckles.

Luke sighed, rubbing a hand over his face,"I know, but you can't let him see that he's gotten to you."

"Yeah, and that's real easy when all I want to do is grab that damn frying pan and hit the fucking shit out of him!"

He chuckled lightly, tucking in a chair. Grasping the end of the intricately designed table cloth, he tugged lightly making sure the objects on the table didn't fall but the cloth would straighten.

"Alright Al, you need to take a break. The stress is getting to you, you'll get even uglier."

Scowling, I slapped him roughly on the shoduler. Dogging my hand, he laughed.

"Hey, I'm being honest!"

I rolled my eyes, turning around to place a glass on another table before moving a knife to a different position.

"I was actually thinking if we could hit the club tonight. You know, shake of those nerves?"

I placed my hand on the table and leant against it, still facing him. Clubs were never my thing. I wasn't a fan of the pounding headache that would greet me as my eyes would open to the blinding light, the makeup smeared across the pillows, the ache that spread itself from the tips of my toes to the strands of my hair.

Not to mention my solitary during my stay at the club. Luke would make sure to ward of any men who approached me would with his terrifying expression and cold attitude towards them, that he didn't really have to try. But then after a while he would drift off, a hand draped around a giggling girl's waist as he leant down his lips brushing against their ear. Even after his disappearance no men would strike up a conversation in fear of Luke's wrath. Luke had a reputation of some sort of vicious guard dog who would not cease to clamp his teeth into their shins.

I gave Luke an incredulous look, raising an eyebrow.

"What?"he grinned cheekily, feigning innocence.

Luke knew very well my history with clubs and how much I hated them, yet he still strove to persuade me to attend them.

"Luke you know I can't."

He rolled his eyes,"It's not that you can't. It's that you don't want to."

"Whatever."

Luke sighed, taking a few steps forward and placing both his hands on my shoulders, forcing me to look into his eyes. A sudden expression of seriousness covered his face as he spoke, and I was momentarily shocked at the absence of his playful tone.

"I remember the first time I met you. You were the fragile girl who had just joined the restaurant, hidden behind your hair as you nervously made your way table to table. The same girl with secrets that had been painted deep within you. The dark colours swirling in you. You were the shy, indecisive, scared girl who refused to move on from your terrible past. But as the months passed you glowed. Your eyes regained its colour, a spark now visible in your brown eyes. Your hair now tumbles down your shoulders in defiant curls, gone was the weak, thin hair that hid you from the world. Your eyes regained its tan tone, your pale complexion now vanished. And so I watched the very girl who seemed terrified of even glancing at a male, flourish into a strong, independent woman who took no one's shit."