Xavier The New Kid

"Welcome Chloe, to McQuece College. As a year 10 this year, you will need to choose the subjects that you wish to take part in. Here's a list of the available subjects and you will be given your uniform once you walk over towards the office. But first, I will show you around the college campus" said Mr. Maitre, who is the vice principal of this school.

"Okay thank you, I would much appreciate that" I took a quick glance around and saw many new faces. All of them confused as to who I was.

But, it wasn't that similar stare that I got at my old school, I liked it better here.

"So Chloe, this is the gymnasium and along this path, it will take you to the cafeteria. Around this corner are the classrooms and the study space. This is the music rooms and other enter-" and this is where I dozed off.

No longer listening, instead, lost in a world full of bright and beautiful colours. From the look of things, I think I will fit in here just fine.

But there was one mistake that I made within East Bay College, it was that I must NEVER falter due to the words of others and I MUST do what I can to avoid becoming a victim of such vicious acts.

A smile grew upon my face and for once, I felt truly happy.

~~~

One and a half years later

Students are now in Year 12

Tyler's POV

The blue sky gleamed and shined as the sun rose above us. The leaves upon the trees danced as the wind guided them and the flowers bloomed radiantly.

It has already been over a year since Chloe had left this school. Every now and then I look at the faces of everyone here, trying to see if her disappearance had weakened anyone's heart.

Nobody. But one. Mine.

"Hey Tyler. Tyler. Tyler?" I looked up and saw who it was.

"Oh, hey Jessica," I said, with a hint of disappointment.

"What's up? You seem down."

"Nah, I'm good, thanks for asking."

Jessica and I have been friends since we were four, due to our parents being close, which explained why we were so close.

Our friendship including Adrian had lasted for many many years. The three of us had hoped to never grow apart, but lately, Adrian hasn't been talking to us. I don't know what's on his mind, but I hope he's alright.

"Okay class, listen up, we have a new student. He will now introduce himself" Mr. Ivan said, urging the new student to speak.

"Hey guys, I'm Xavier" was what the new kid's said.

Okay then I thought, nice and short.

Cool.

"Oh okay, that's it. You can sit over there next to Tyler" he pointed to the empty seat next to me and then Xavier sat down.

He had light brown hair and chocolate eyes. Upon his earlobe and his lower lip, were silver piercings and you could slightly see a tattoo behind his neck. I thought he was someone I should befriend so I decided to talk to him.

"Hey Xavier, I'm Tyler" I said, introducing myself.

"Hey, nice to meet you" and with that, he turned around to open his book. We continued to listen to our teacher until Xavier asked a question.

"Can I go to the toilet?"

"Uh sure, go ahead, but do you know where it is?"

"No" Xavier replied.

"Tyler can you take him there?"

"No worries sir," I said and then I left the class. I showed him the way to the toilets and then I waited outside. For a second, Xavier stood between the boy's and the girl's toilets, as if he was confused as to which one to use.

I laughed, causing him to quickly walk into the boy's toilets. I waited for a while, but, he wasn't coming out. Feeling worried, I went into the bathroom and looked around.

Nobody was there.

The window was opened and then it clicked.

I quickly ran outside in search of Xavier. But I couldn't see anyone. I felt very confused and after a lap around the school, I finally saw him.

"Hey! Where -did you -go? Why -did you -leave?" I asked, between each breath.

"Oh, sorry bout that. Let's go back to class" he said as if it wasn't a big deal. While still feeling puffed, I walked alongside him back to class.

We weren't asked any questions and then it was time to go home.

I watched the clouds turn grey and soon drops of water fell from the sky.

I sighed.

I didn't have an umbrella with me, but I was ready to become drenched.

As I was about to walk out from under the shade, I heard my name. I turned back and saw Jessica running, holding two umbrellas.

"Tyler! I've got an umbrella if you don't have-" I quickly ran to her as I saw her fall down the steps.

"You idiot, how could you not be careful. Are you okay?" I had a look at her knee and blood was slowly dripping down her leg. I quickly picked her up and carried her to the First Aid Office.

No nurses were there, so I looked around for a cloth and soaked it with water. I gently wiped away the blood and placed a large band-aid over her wound.

"I'm so sorry Tyler" she said.

"It's okay, but be careful next time" she nodded her head and began to walk. Her legs weakened and I caught her before she fell again.

I went down on my knees and said.

"You probably sprained it so get on my back, I'll take you home" at first she was hesitant, but I was persistent. So I gently lifted her onto my back and piggy-backed her all the way home.

~~~

Chloe's POV

As I stared into the eyes of someone who didn't resemble me, I felt a sudden breeze that made me shiver. My reflection looked like it was as if I was meant to be born this way. It looked so natural, so natural that no one would even suspect it.

"Thanks Rachel, it looks amazing!" Rachel is my closest friend, I met her during my time at McQuece College. She is an amazing person, one of the reasons why I loved staying at that school.

Not only do I love her personality, she is a beautiful person. Her hair is as golden as it can be, with pinkish-red lips and water-like eyes.

"Anything for my bestie!" she said as she bear-hugged me.

"I look so different! Like a total bad boy! I did not know how awesome makeup could be until now."

"But I can't believe you are actually going back to that hell of a school. Why would you do that to yourself?" her tone of voice sounding both confused and angry.

"Why? Cause I want revenge"