Part 4

I wrapped a towel around my wet hair as I walked out of the bathroom, my day wasted with naps and worrying about things that I know I shouldn't when I have so much other stuff going on.

I sat on the end of my bed, looking around the room at everything I knew I'd have to end up packing once my landlord finds out I'm not going to make rent-- the amount of work making my head spin.

I let out a groan as I heard my phone start going off again from the other room, knowing that with everything going on it couldn't be great news, but not being able to let to go to voicemail.

I let out a steady breath as I read Madison's name on the screen again, preparing myself for whatever she was going to say as I answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey hun, I'm sorry to keep bothering you but do you think you have any of Nicks pills left over at your place?" She asked, her voice sounding a bit shaken, "Like his Methadone from last time or maybe he brought hydros or-"

"I cleaned out my apartment after that last fight-- I didn't want anything over here of his that could get me in trouble." I explained, truthfully.

"Okay, yeah, I completely understand that, I'm sorry-"

"Did you find Nick?" I cut her off.

"Uh, yeah- yeah we did and he's uh-" she stopped, "I picked him up some Oxycodone but I'm not sure it'll be enough, so I just wanted to see if you still had anything from him."

I furrowed my eyebrows at all the information I was receiving, confused, "Is everything ok, Madison?"

"I don't know," she sighed, "Have uh- have you talked to your parents recently or seen what's been on the news?"

"Not really," I scoffed, "I'm dealing with enough of my own stress so I've been trying to stay away from everything else."

"There's something really bad going on-"

"The riots?" I stopped her, "There are protests every month-- one of them is bound to get out of hand every once in a while-"

"It's not just the riots, Hannah, it's-" she stop, recollecting herself, "Look, do you think you could make it down here tonight? Just to give me peace of mind knowing you're safe?"

I let out a sigh, knowing that I didn't have much to lose at this point, "Yeah, I'll uh- I'll try."

"Good, ok, just bring a change of clothes and please drive safe."

"Ok, I will." I said as I pulled down the towel from off of my head, ending the call.

I let out a defeated laugh, shaking my head, upset that I'm getting myself drug into this mess again even though I knew I could have just said no. I knew I could have ignored her call, hung up the phone, and pretended like everything was ok. I knew I could have stayed home that day Alicia called-- I should've, but I didn't and now there's no going back.

_____
I hope you guys are enjoying this fanfic so far! I'd love to hear your feedback and answer any questions you may have.