Part 5

As I pulled into the driveway, beside Travis's familiar truck, I let out a sigh, leaning my head on the steering wheel. My heart was still winning this fight and after Madison's persistence, it wasn't hard for my mind to go along with it, I just knew I wasn't ready for whatever was going to happen when I went through that front door.

I leaned back in the drivers seat, taking one last deep breath before I paused, listening carefully as I heard yelling from outside.

"Travis!" A voice yelled, "Travis!"

I quickly pushed open my door, grabbing my bag as I paused and listened again.

"Dad!" Another familiar voice yelled, followed by a loud thud.

I immediately ran up the driveway and to the front door of the house, swinging it open before following the sound of destruction.

"No! Put the gun down!" Travis's voice yelled, nearly making me stop in my tracks before I slowly continued down the hall, soon seeing Chris and his mother.

"Move." A strange man said as the entire picture finally came into view-- a scene I could barely wrap my head around.
The man suddenly pulled the trigger of a large gun, hitting another man and nearly knocking the wind out of me as I saw something I couldn't explain.

My eyes stayed stuck on the site as the man with the gun pulled the trigger again, killing what was in its path; another person.

My vision got blurry as I stumbled back against a wall-- my mind now blank and my head spinning.

"Hannah?" I faintly heard, Nick suddenly appearing in front of me as he grabbed my face with his hands, trying to get me to focus, "Hannah?" He said again before tightly pulling me into his chest, hushing me as he left kisses on my head.

"Nick!" Madison's voice called as I held onto him, my head continuing to spin.

"Why didn't you tell me she was coming here? I could've-" Nick stuttered through gritted teeth.

"I didn't want you to-" Madison began, cutting him off before getting cut off her self as screams filled the air around us.

"Help!" Another familiar voice screamed, causing me to pick my head up off of Nick's chest before he held me tighter again.

"Alicia?" Madison yelled back, concern in her voice as she darted back through the house and out the back door.

"Come on, come on." Nick said quietly as he sat me down at the dining room table, commotion from the backyard echoing throughout the house, "Stay here-"

"No, Nick please," I pleaded, grasping onto his hands as tears began to sting at my eyes, "Please don't leave- please, I-"

"I'll be right back." He stopped me, kissing my forehead before disappearing out of the room.

_____
Currently these chapters are relatively short but will double in length as time goes on.
Also, the relationship that Hannah and Nick had will be explained and explored more as the story continues.