5. Hedone - 2: The Goodbye

“A ‘blind pig’?”

“That is how we refer to it.”

“Mortal language seems strange,” Hedone muttered to herself. She glanced at the nervous man before her. He was practically groveling at her feet.

“Where would I find this ‘blind pig’?”

The man gazed up at the immortal beauty. He was a simple bookkeeper and was having a regular night when this woman walked in. He had never seen anyone as beautiful as her. He had grown nervous just by the sight of her and now by their topic of choice.

The man lowered his voice. “We cannot speak of these things here, ma’am. Perhaps in a more closed off location?”

Hedone slammed her hand down on the nearest surface. The robust man before her jumped in surprise and a thin layer of sweat began to form on his face. Hedone narrowed her eyes at the stupid mortal before her.

“I demand a location. Tell me now!”

The man nodded slightly and coughed uncomfortably. “Just down the road, there should be a closed down printing factory. Knock three times on the door and someone will let you inside.”

Hedone let out a breath of relief. This man had quickly grown onto her nerves. She turned on her heel and exited his shop. She made her way through the small town to the abandoned building at the end of the road. She did as the man instructed and was immediately led deep into an underground room. It was filled with people all holding cups of various alcoholic drinks.

The room was instantly silenced as Hedone entered. All the men swiveled over with sudden interest. Hedone smirked at the instant attention she received. It was pleasant and desirable. The woman gave her incredulous looks of distaste. She rather enjoyed those stares too though was unsure as to why.

Hedone slowly strutted her way over to the person who seemed to be in charge. She smiled sweetly at the man.

“Can a girl get a drink?”

The man seemed taken aback by her presence but kept his ground. “For a price.”

Hedone cursed under her breath. She had failed to grab any form of cash from her home on Olympus. What could she possibly do now? Hedone glanced around the room and noticed the dress of the women around. They were anything but modest. She smirked to herself and ripped away at her clothing. Her sleeves were torn off and her skirt became shortened.

“Would anyone like to buy a poor girl a drink?”

The crowd of men went crazy flashing their cash and shouting for Hedone’s attention. Hedone giggled at them all and sent them all smiles.

“Relax,” she told them all to quiet them. “I will be here all night.”

And so she was, and for the next couple of nights as well. Peitho told her what type of fun she could have but she never imagined a time such as this. People on Earth adored her and Hedone loved every minute that she was on the spotlight. Hedone also discovered another fun activity: going to bed with men.

She spent her first night with the first man who had bought her a drink. It was her thanks and she saw no harm in the action. She discovered a pastime that served as an even greater addiction than alcohol. Peitho hadn’t told her about this fun. Had she known such excitement could be created between two people then she would’ve easily have done it sooner.

Word soon got around. If a guy were to buy her a drink, then he could go to bed with her. Even if they were married, guys lined up to buy Hedone her nightly drink at the secret tavern. Hedone took them each to bed in a place their women couldn’t find out about her. Hedone enjoyed her time and attention with them all.