Chapter 3: Party

CHAPTER 3:

Derek Cage

“So how far is the beach?” Christian’s new crush asked at the back of my car seat. I pursed my lips. “At the only beach near the campus.” I replied sarcastically, her eyes snapped to me and narrowed. Don’t get me wrong, she was drop dead gorgeous, with a killer tan, long, tones legs, an amazing curvy body and that natural model face, but I don’t date. I just go through girl’s legs like socks.

Derek.” Scowled Christian as he whispered something to Cheyenne. She only rolled her eyes and nodded, silently staring out the window. I felt slightly bad, but shrugged it off, it wasn’t like she was Christian’s girlfriend or anything serious at the moment, so she was nothing to me, but a girl in my car. I glanced at Christian and raised my eyebrows. “What? I was telling her where the beach was.” I replied coolly and smirked when we neared the large crowd of girls in dresses or bikinis, and people dancing and holding alcohol. I parked at my usual parking space, where nobody dared to park in.

“Wait, why is no-one parking in this spot before? Every car like…drove past it?” Cheyenne asked with a frown on her face. Cody laughed. “Perks of being in our group babe, we get our own parking spots. Even on campus.” He winked. Cheyenne blinked in surprise and shook her head. “Fan clubs, people who carry your bags, squealing girls, your own parking spots…what are you guys? One Direction?” She laughed with a smirk and walked towards the beach, shivering. I shook my head. Why girls wore dresses to parties all the time, when they hated the cold, was still a wonder. I shook off my jacket and handed it to her. “Here, you need it more than I do anyway.” I said, before walking off and heading to talk to a group of girls. I heard Christian grunt and huff, holding his own jacket in his hand.

“Derek! You came!” Squealed a girl I screwed a couple weeks ago. What was her name again? Natalie...Naomi…Natasha? Oh, I’ll just stick with ‘babe’ to stay safe. I rolled my eyes at her. “Babe, when do I ever miss a party?” I asked with a smirk and grabbed a plastic cup and filled it with beer. She rolled her dark eyes at me and smirked, putting her hand on her hip, emphasizing that she was wearing a skimpy bikini and was showing off her pale body. She flicked her hair back. “Derek, baby, I miss you. Haven’t heard from you in weeks.” She pouted as she stepped towards me, I sighed and took a long sip of the beer as she trailed her finger up my tattooed arm. “Natasha, I’m not looking for a relationship.” I snapped. “It was a one time thing, and now it’s over.” I hissed and walked off, leaving a speechless and pissed off girl. “It’s Nancy, you IDIOT!” She screamed. I put a hand up, in a ‘whatever’ motion and saw Benson with the gang.

As I was walking towards Christian, Cody and Benson, I frowned. Where was the girl? Christian looked at me and grinned. “Hey Derek! Where’s Chey?” He frowned. I blinked. “Why the hell would that girl be with me? I was escaping some whore. She’s your crush Christian.” I scowled at my best friend. Oh lord, now we have to search for Christian’s hot little crush, she was probably lost somewhere. Benson groaned. “How do we manage to loose Chey in 20 minutes? It’s not even sunset yet!” He cried, shaking his head. “Alright, I’ll go over there.” He pointed to the left side of the beach. “Cody and I will go the other way.” Christian said quickly, he looked like he was going to cry. Poor guy. I sighed. “I’ll search where the party is.” I said and went towards the bar. I saw familiar faces. “Hey, have any of you seen a short, tanned girl? Brown hair and blue eyes, Black…no blue dress?” I asked. A girl nodded. “Yeah, I saw Nathan with her. Nathan Black?” She said, nodding in the direction of the cabins. I frowned. “Thanks.” I said slowly.

Nathan was known for drug dealing and was the alcohol supplier for most parties, since we were all underage and his brother worked at a bar. So Cheyenne had a slight chance of being raped, drugged or drunk, either one would crush Christian, and he would also blame it all on himself. I sighed and went inside the cabin, hearing laughter and squeals, I walked in and saw a few girls, dancing around in their bikinis and a group of people surrounded in a circle. I frowned and spotted Cheyenne sitting down in that circle, and saw a bottle of champagne in the middle of them. Cheyenne giggled, “Okay! Okay! My tur– Oh, hey Derek!” She laughed loudly. Drunk. Definitely drunk.