Chapter 6

Hey guys! Once again, I'm a little bit late updating the story. I'm really sorry guys! Hopefully I can get it together one of these days...

But hopefully I can make up for my lateness with a scene in this chapter. As I said in the last author's note, this chapter has one of my favorite scenes that I've written so far. I really hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it. It goes super well with the quote I chose for this chapter and it honestly hit me in the feels while writing it.

Speaking of the quote, huge thank you to @sereneur for creating yet another gorgeous typography to go with the quote!

Also, as you can see, I've got a new cover. It was created by the lovely @chemistric!! I loved my old cover, but I felt like it was time for a new one. I'm not sure if I'll get another one or not, but we'll see. For now though, feast your eyes on this new one. :)

I've made you guys wait long enough for this chapter, so here we go! Chapter 6 is here!

"Whose grave is it?" Alec asked, as the whole group got out of the yellow van and made their way into the graveyard they were parked by

"Mary Milligan. Born January tenth, 1802. Died January tenth, 1878." Izzy told him, not bothering to look up from her phone where she was waiting for a response to a text.

"Alright Alec, let's go." Jace said, immediately taking the leader role as usual, and with Alec being his parabatai, he'd be his right hand man.

"Wait, what are we looking for?" Clary asked, still very confused.

"Cache of weapons." Izzy answered.

"Stashed here with Mrs. Milligan." Jace added.

"Why are there Shadowhunter weapons in a churchyard?"

"Because all the ancient religions recognized demons." Izzy said simply.

"Or at least they used to." Alec said, rolling his eyes. "They forgot about the threat because we've been here to protect them. Typical mundane failure of imagination."