Chapter 7

Guys! I'm actually on time with this chapter! I've only got a few minutes to spare, but technically it's still Friday where I live. So yay!

Shoutout to @Sereneur for creating the gorgeous typography below! It blew my mind and expectations out of the water. 

"Izzy." Alec called as he spotted her.

She glanced back at him and frowned a bit. "Where's Celeste? Jace said she was with you in his text."

"She was. I made her stay behind. Something weird happened again, like earlier in Pandemonium." He sighed. "I'm really worried about her Iz."

Izzy frowned and stepped forward to comfort her brother, but she stopped dead in her tracks when a voice interrupted them.

"I don't know how many times I have to tell you Al, I'm perfectly fine."

The two biological siblings whipped around to face where the voice had come from and were shocked to find Celeste standing there.

"Celeste, I thought I told you to stay there!" Alec hissed, storming over to her.

"Yeah, you did." She said simply. "And I didn't listen."

Alec narrowed his eyes at her. "You lied to me. You said you'd stay there."

Celeste held her finger up to stop him before he could keep going. "Actually I didn't. I believe the conversation went something like this." She then turned to face her right and put a serious expression on her face and pointed at the space in front of her angrily. "'Stay here. We'll be back soon.'" She mimicked Alec's words. She then took a step forward and turned back around to face the direction she'd come from as if pretending to be another person. She crossed her arms over her chest and pouted, much like a young child would after being told they had to eat their vegetables to get dessert. After a moment of silence she turned back to face Alec and shrugged. "The end."

Alec closed his eyes realizing his mistake. He definitely should have gotten her to agree verbally.

If it had been anyone else, Izzy probably would have been both amused and impressed. But this was her little sister. If something odd had happened to Celeste twice in such a short amount of time, then she was sure that Celeste shouldn't be here. She was worried that it would happen again in the middle of a fight. She just wanted her little sister to stay safe.