Trapped

Chapter one.

In this world, there are no pure born female wolves. No they died out many years ago. Making the males turn evil and cruel desperate to bare son's to be heir to their pack, enslaving human females and turning them against there will to produce children. Girls born to changed females died and the boys having stronger genes survived.

They're are no mates. Only forced loved. If you could call it that.

It's been many years since mates. Only a recorded few across the globe.

The world had become over run by wolves in their panic to breed and dominate.

This is the world I live in and I fear.

The air was sweet today, I inhaled it into my lung slowly and held my breath for a few seconds before exhaling slowly. Another day on this good forsaken planet.
The days were dangerous and the nights deadly. Yet daily life still proceeded. People still went to work, came home to families, went to school, got married.
Not that any of it matter if a wolf decided he was going to take you.
Married? They didn't care. They'd take you.

You had to keep your wits about you and hid the women if saw a wolf.
Many of the homes had hidden rooms so during a raid you could seek safety and hope they didn't smell you out.

I stared out over the sea of my town. It was a quaint fishing city, with boats, cobbled streets, Victorian properties, back streets, parks and in the distance there was feilds, acres of land. If you traveled further you would reach the cottages and jails of the wolves. A big patch of land surrounded in high walls. Large cottages that housed the packs and enslaved the humans. There is no coming out of that place if they caught you. If you cant produce, you're disposed off.

It was a gloomy day , a gray cloud hung over the sea but yet they should no signs of a brewing storm. They were calm and relaxed.
I made my way down stairs to my front door. Sighing before opening the door. I had to go get some groceries from the market. Our boats had just come back in with fresh produce, fresh muscles, shrimp and cod is what my taste buds fancied today. A broth of seafood goodness.

I walked down the busy streets, it was always busy on market day. We figured we we're safer in larger numbers, we weren't going to let those mutts dampen our spirits. We dressed our women up as men, cutting their hair short, wearing trousers, trainers and large hoodies to hide any womanly figures.

Myself I was quite plain looking anyway, nothing amazing to look at. light skin with cheeks that looked like they had been rubbed with a rose. My hair cut short into a pixie cut and my figure Petit, no curves, breast and only a peach for a bottom. I was short and could pass as young teenage boy. I had on a red hoodie, dark slim fit jeans and some red vans. Like a modern day little red Riding Hood.

I made my way down the cobble streets towards the harbour where the market was held, the fresh sea air hit my nostrils making me smile, this town was quaint and it made me happy. Well bar a problem with dogs.

I could hear people talking, laughing, sales men calling out fish prices as I became nearer. Entering the market I saw a sign saying "men only allowed to trade and purchase" a throw off too the wolves so they thought the women were at home hiding. We all kept our hoods up creating shadows on our faces.

Approaching the first stall I glanced down at the fresh vegetables and ripe fruits. I collected myself four green apples, sweet potato and blackcurrants.

The chatter in the market full of happiness, a sound I loved.

Music played and children danced.

The next stall was full of haddock and cod.

"Cod please Jeffrey"

"Anything for you Es, how's your mother doing?"

"She's not well, we've been told to expect the worst, I'm heading out of town tonight to the hospital to see her"

"Send her my love"

"Will do Jeff, see you later"

Watching the children danced and laugh, I tapped my foot along to the music. Smiling at how lovely the atmosphere was.

The music died down and the people grew quiet and scampered off from the market, some running. I looked around too see a pack of five in the market.
They never came into town when it was busy. Too many useless "men" around. They normally waited near homes for the women to come out or on the country lanes for those travelling to and from.

Why were they here? They couldn't sense females. But yet here they were with there van of collection. Ready to swipe. A look of hunger in their eyes.
The one central stepped forward, a clean cut older man in his early forties , chiseled chin, piercing blue eyes and a smirk to make any woman go wobbly at the knees. Any woman who didn't know what he was like that was.
Niclaus was a cruel cruel man, the alpha.
What was the alpha doing here? He'd normally send out his warriors to collect.
He stepped forward into the remaining crowd.

"Now now, no need to be hasty... Men."
Emphasizing the word men.

Oh no.

"We were just driving past when my son sensed something, a weird smell he couldn't describe but we just had to have a nosey"

His son was to his right, a younger version of his father, except shaggy dirty hair, taller, muscular. Another very handsome man but cruel.

He stepped forward to join his father and inhaled. Jasper eyes lit as he looked towards the stall I was near. He walked towards the stall and picked up a piece of haddock, smelling it and placing it down.

"Fine selection of fish, too good for humans. We'll be taking this."

Jeffery pleaded "no, please. This is my lovely hoof, my income. To feed my family , please sir"

"Are you saying I can't have what I want?"

He walked up the fruit and veg stand. Jasper smiled at the stall owner.
" I don't like being told no"

With that he pushed over stall causing , carrots , potatoes and apples to go flying and falling to ground. One apple rolling to my feet.

Jasper walked back towards his dad laughing, my fists balled up. They came all this way for smelling some fish.

I grabbed the apples and threw it at Jasper's head, it flew through the air to be caught by his hand in a split second.
Shit.

He walked over to me and smacked me to ground. My head hitting cobbled and my hood falling down revealing my face. I looked up from the ground as he bend down next to me.

"You smell strange boy"

I looked up and spat at him, gaining a smack to the face.

He wiped his face whislt standing up.
"You little fucker"

I slumped my way up to my feet looking at him in the face. Stepping backwards to show defeat. He watched my every move.

I waited for him to walk away but he never did, he just stared at me.
Studying me, making me nervous. I looked down trying to hid my face.

"You're a girl"

I snapped my head up and looked at him, then at Jeff who stared horrified at me.

"RUN ESME"

I didn't need telling twice.