House Hunters

Annabeth's POV

I had awoken bright and early, I nearly stepped on a lego and a millions of baby toys in my escape. Today was my day off from being a mom, I felt guilty about being kinda happy about it, but technically I was still doing something for my family.

I was sick of our apartment, it was too small for our growing family. Zoe slept in my office and her changing table was in the hallway by Luke's room. Toys covered the floor, I didn't even remember what color or pattern the floor was. Our rocking chair could hardly fit in the living room, papers, crayons, and art supplies covered the floor everywhere in every room.

The closet in Luke's room was way too small for his and Zoe's clothes, which now piled onto his floor and appeared in various parts of the apartment. Bottom line, it was time for a bigger house for our family as it would continue to grow. I had made a call with a real estate agent yesterday during the only time of the day when it was quiet when Luke and Zoe were napping. I made an appointment at ten a.m., Percy didn't know what I was up to, and I preferred to keep it that way.

I grabbed some coffee, dropped off a design at work and made it to the realtor's office by nine forty five. I flipped through a magazine but none of the homes were close to camp or in good neighborhoods. "Annabeth Jackson?" A tall lady with big round glasses asked.

"That's me." I stood up and followed her into her office, every thing in this office had a label or a specific place that it had to be. She had three pencils perfectly aligned straight at me, a laptop, and and desktop computer and a few pictures on her desk. She was middle aged, with slightly greying hair.

"Hello Mrs. Jackson, I'm Tory Speneli, I understand that you're looking for a house based on our brief conversation yesterday."

"Uh, yes. My husband and I have a two year old and a two month old and our family still plans on growing one or two more. We are looking for a safe neighborhood within a good school district. We also would like to stay on this part of Long Island, if that's possible. We currently live in two bedroom, two and a half bathroom, and my husband I believe it is time for real house." I informed her, as she typed the things I had said on her laptop.

"Ok, so how many bedrooms and bathrooms would you like, and I assume you would like a big yard, for your family that is." Tory asked, her stare beginning to unnerve me.

"I was thinking maybe four or five bedrooms and three to four bathrooms. Two story if that's possible." I answered, something chilled the back of my neck, something about this women didn't seem right.

"Ok, sso you want a four to five bedroom home, four to five bathroom house, two sstories on thiss sside of Long Island." Tory said, hissing her s' like a snake. I grabbed the handle of my dagger hidden away in my jacket, ready to attack at any second.

"Yes, that's right." I stopped myself, staring her down.

"Does Percy Jackson know that you're here Annabeth Chase?" The lady hissed.

"I never mentioned my husband's name. Or my maiden name, who are you?!" I demanded, holding my dagger.

"Annabeth Chase you foolish girl I know all. Your family is far from complete if you live to bear the rest of your children that is." She snarled, rearing fangs. She morphed into a fury, and zipped around the room, and she thought I was the foolish one. I cut her right in half as she swooped over me. She disintegrated into dust and crumbled to the floor, I blew on my dagger blade and strutted out of the room.

I left that place in a hurry and found another office a couple blocks down, all the while still thinking about what the fury had said about my family being far from complete. How many more kids would I have? Maybe four, nothing more, well, what about five? I don't know, that's a conversation Percy and I would have to have later.