The Boy in the Iceberg

Water. Earth. Fire. Air. My grandmother used to tell my sister and I stories about the old days: a time of peace when the Avatar kept balance between the Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation and Air Nomads. But that all changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar master of all four elements; only h could stop the ruthless firebenders. But when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years have passed, and the Fire Nation is nearing victory in the war. Two years ago, my father and the men of my tribe journeyed to the Earth Kingdom to help fight against the Fire Nation, leaving my brother, my sister and I to look after our tribe. Some people believe that the Avatar was never reborn into the Air Nomads and that the cycle is broken, but my sister and I haven't lost hope. We still believe that, somehow, the Avatar will return to save the world.

***************************************************************************************

Kida's Pov:

Katara, Sokka, and I were in a canoe, Sokka for some reason thought it would be a good idea for him to have Katara and I go fishing with him. He is holding his spear above the water ready to spear his fish.

"It's not getting away from me this time. Watch and learn, Kida and Katara. This is how you catch a fish." Sokka said

Sokka is at the front of the boat, with me in the middle and Katara in the back. I could hardly care what Sokka was trying to do. I look back at Katara to see her removing her glove, she moves her arm out in the direction of the fish, she takes a deep breath, her face is a mixture of concentration and apprehension, she starts making a wavy motion with her wrist, moving her hand up and down.

Sokka is still focused wholly on the fish in front of him, he is completely unware of what is happening behind him. I on the other hand is prepared for something to go wrong. Katara is successful in getting the fish in a bubble of water and out of the water. I smile at her.

"Sokka, look." I said

"Sshh. Kida, you're going to scare it away. Mmmm...I can already smell it cookin'." Sokka said

"But, Sokka!" I said

"I caught one." Katara said

The bubble holding the fish drifts around her it is hang over Sokka's head. As the bubble hovers over his head, Sokka raises his spear to strike the fish he was following. He bursts the bubble with the blunt end of his spear, the water falls on to Sokka, soaking him, and fish lands back in the water. I start laughing.

"Hey." Katara said

"That was the funniest one yet." I said

"Why is it that every time you two play with magic water, I get soaked?" Sokka asked

"Hey I didn't do anything. You are the one that bought us with you on this fishing trip." I said

Sokka glared at me.

"She has a point. Plus it's not "magic", it's water bending or in Kida's case ice bending. And it's,,," Katara said

"Yeah, yeah, "an ancient art unique to our culture", blah, blah, blah. Look, I'm just saying that if I had weird powers, I'd keep my weirdness to myself." Sokka said

While Sokka was talking Katara and I had crossed are arms over are chest.

"So let me get this straight..." I said

"...You're calling us weird..."

"...Were not the ones who makes muscles..."

"...at yourselves every time we see ourselves in the water." Katara said