After the Storm but Before the Spirit

Zuko's Pov:

I had swum deeper I could see her, sinking deeper and deeper to the bottom. I grabbed her and swam back to the surface. I saw a rope that had been thrown in by the crew and I grabbed a hold of it and my men pulled us up onto the deck. When we got on deck, my men moved away. I leaned down, she was barely breathing. I picked her up and moved us to my room. I shut and locked the door. I gave her mouth to mouth hoping to get any water in her lungs out. She started to cough up water, she rolled over on to her side. I got up and moved to the door. I opened the door and there stood Uncle, he had some tea and blankets.

"Make sure she stays warm. She might be good with the cold but she was in the water for a while." Iroh said

I nodded my head. I walked back into my room.

"Kida you need to change out of your clothes." I said

I kneeled down next to her. I had grabbed the outfit she had worn the last time she was here. She nodded her head.

"I'll turn around." I said

I turned around. I stayed turned around till she said I could look.

"You can turn around." she said

I turned around, her clothes were on the floor, along with her bindings. I moved the wet clothes away from her. I moved back over and put my hand on her forehead she was cold.

"Your so cold." I said

"I'm always cold." Kida said

"Yeah, but not this cold." I said

I picked her up and laid her down on my bed. I wrapped her up in the blankets Iroh gave me.

"Here you need to drink some of this." I said

I handed her a cup of tea. She sat up a little bit and drank it.

"How are you feeling?" I asked

"Like I swallowed the entire ocean and almost died." Kida said

"You only swallowed a little bit of the ocean not all of it." I said

She laughed, but then started to cough. She rolled over to her side.

"I always hated being sick." Kida said

"Shh. Just go to sleep." I said

"I can't, I'm too cold." Kida said

I moved around and quickly lit all of the candles that were in the room. I looked at her but she was still shivering.

"You're still shivering." I said

"It's okay." Kida said

I looked down at her shivering form and I quickly changed out of my wet clothes it a dry outfit. I laid down next to her. I stayed on top of the covers. I used the trick she showed me to heat up my body, I could feel the room heat up, and I saw her stop shivering. Once she stopped shivering she quickly fell asleep.

- - - - - Time Skip Next Morning - - - - -

Zuko's Pov:

I woke up. I felt something in arms. I looked down to see Kida. She had her head on my chest. For a moment I thought I was dreaming till I remember that I pulled her out of the ocean. I smiled down at her. I slowly and quietly got up. I headed down to the kitchen. The chief was ready with breakfast and something hot for her to drink. I grabbed the tray and head back to my room. I opened the door and walked inside. When I walked in she was sitting up in bed.