Chapter 4

Please no not again.

I quickly stuffed my head on the cold futon, hoping to wake up from this terrible nightmare. I've been having crazy dreams since I was little, it was always difficult for me to know what's reality, I'm just dreaming again, right?

Footsteps began to come closer, making my heart skip a beat.

It's just a terrible dream. I'm going to wake up soon.

"(Y/n)~" I could hear his low voice, hovering above me.

"Please.... Leave me alone..." My eyes began to water up, I just want to go home and live a normal life. I've always tried to be as helpful as I can, but for some reason the results always turn out negative. Now look where it led me to this time.

"Leave you alone?" The mans voice brought me back to reality. I could feel his big hands feel their way up my skinny, broken legs "you have such a beautiful, fragile, body" his voice left chills down my spine. I didn't know how to respond, or react. One bad move and I'm probably dead.

I lifted my head from the pillow, revealing the mans dark smile, looking above me with delight. To my right, Bum sat there with a worried expression drawn on his face.

Before I could respond to anything, the mans strong hand tightly gripped my wrist, pulling me away from the soft futon, forcing me to stand painfully on my wounded legs. The pain was unbearable, making me fall right back down on the hard surface.

The man gave an obnoxious sigh, watching my clumsiness, giggling under his breath. When I was struggling to get back up, I felt his arms wrap around me, lifting me off the ground as if I was as light as a feather, and headed up the stairs, leaving Bum alone in the cold dark.

WHAT IS HE GOING TO DO TO ME??

It was almost like my heart was about to beat right out of my chest.

IS HE GOING TO KILL ME??? SHOULD I FIGHT BACK??

Once we were out of the dark basement, we entered a small bright room, almost blinding me, taking a bit for my eyes to adjust.

I was too busy adjusting my eyes to pay attention where the man was taking me, next thing I know I'm in a small cozy kitchen, sitting on a chair in front of the counter. It almost felt like I was in a different building, the environment was a lot calmer. At least now I know I'm inside the mans house.

My head swung to my right, giving the man a confused look, waiting for a response. "Are you good at cooking?"

That was random.

I quickly glanced back at the counter, loosing eye contact with the man, giving him a shy nod. "I guess so. I've been cooking for myself for a long time..." I could feel my face burn a little, I always hated talking about my past.

"That's good to know! You'll be making dinner tonight!"

Is this the same man from yesterday??

I didn't know how to respond, I felt a bit awkward but I gave the man a nod so it was clear that I understood.

"Good~" he gave me a cheesy smile, and walked off back into the basement.

My heart pounded as I swung my head towards the door. It was so close, I could easily run off if my legs were working. Would he catch me if I tried to crawl out??

I glanced down at my black and blue legs, sending chills down my back just looking at them. Just yesterday I was using those same legs to joyfully walk to work, now I feel like a bird that just had its feathers trimmed, helplessly trying to fly away.

There's no way I'm going to make it before he comes back...

I could almost feel tears appear in my eyes.

"S-Sangwoo...! W-wait!"

A fragile voice yelled from the dark basement, I'm assuming it belongs to Bum.

Sangwoo...? Is that the mans name?

Loud footsteps echoed in the hallway, getting faster and louder, soon leading to Bum and Sangwoo in the small kitchen as well.

Sangwoo had a strong grip around Bums wimpy wrist, he must've dragged him up the stairs with just one hand.

Once Sangwoo loosened his grip, Bum quickly fell on the floor, almost like he just got all his energy drained out of him, trying his best to sit back up.

I felt a shiver go down my spine, he was so weak an fragile. It was a lot lighter in this room, it gave me a better look at Bums face, I noticed his light grey eyes staring hopelessly back into my (e/c) eyes.

Of course I wanted to help him, but how? I can't even help myself.

Sangwoo once again, harshly grabbed Yoonbum by the wrist, dragging him over towards me, and placed him on a chair by the large table. All he did was look down, fiddling with his fingers.

Sangwoo turned his head towards me, giving me an angered glare, quickly reminding me of the job I was given. In response, I swung my head back to the counter. On top of the counter, there laid a cook book, with a page already book marked. I assumed this was the meal he wanted me to fix, I quickly opened up the page and began to read. Luckily, the ingredients were easily found around the house, and at my reach.

----------------------------------

After what seemed like forever, the meal was finally prepared. I turned around, to see Bum still sitting on the chair, staring right at the ground. He looked so dazed, he was probably just spacing out.

"Are you ok?" The room was really quiet, making me feel a bit awkward after I spoke. But my voice brought Bum back to reality, making his head turn to me.

"Y-yea..." I could see his face turn a little pink, he always seemed so embarrassed for some strange reason. "Thanks for worrying" he looked back down again, trying to hide his embarrassment.

What is he so embarrassed about?