Chapter 6

" I'm scared... " were the only words I could choke out.

My arms, still roughly rapt around Bums small body, began to shake even more, my quiet sobs slowly becoming soft cries.

I felt his soft hands, find their way onto my back, and giving me a tight squeeze right back.

"I promise, you'll be ok."

———————————————

My tired eyes slowly open and closed, adjusting to the dull, damp room, once again. But this time, my head laid on top of Bums lap, while the rest of his body leaned against a pole.

It was a bit odd since I had no memory of falling asleep in that position, but I just shook it off and closed my eyes once again. Before I could drift back to sleep, I felt a soft touch on top of my head. My eyes wondered up, revealing Bums small fingers, playing with my messy (h/c) hair.

His eyes fell down, locking them against mine. A strawberry pink began to grow on his cheeks. "I-I'm sorry, I d-didn't know you were awake!"

"Don't worry..." a small smile began to form on my face. "...You're fine"

I lifted my head up to get a better look at Bums tomato red, face. "U-um, (y/n).." his bright red face soon became his normal pale tone, but he looked down, nervously playing with his fingers.

"Yeah?"

"I-I think that-" Before Bum could finish his sentence, the loud creaking of a door interrupted him mid sentence, followed by a loud creak going down the old staircase.

"Rise and shine~" Sangwoos dark tone echoed in the empty room, sending shivers down my spine.

I quickly tucked my head back into Bums leafy green skirt, in hopes he'd leave.

"HEY" Sangwoos voice grew more stern. "Are you even listening??"

I felt a tight grip pull onto my hair, making my head drag towards Sangwoo, letting our eyes meet. His grip grew tighter, making the right pain a bit worse.

"We've been through this before slut, respond to me when I speak." Sangwoos grip finally loosened, but before I could even think, his other hand, quickly smacked my left cheek.

My eyes began to water up from the hard hit, as my hand went over the growing red mark. "S-sorry"

"S-Sangwoo, stop!" Bums quiet voice interrupted.

Sangwoo then turned his attention to Bum. angrily pushing my fragile body off Bums lap, His large hand wrapped around Bums small wrist, forcefully yanking him up the old staircase. shutting the door behind them in a flash, leaving me alone on the quiet, dark room.

The room was pitch black, bringing butterflies to my stomach. It felt empty.

The only sounds I could hear were my fast breaths and loud thumps coming from the floor above me. The butterflies in my stomach, soon turned into knots.

Warm tears dripped down my pale cheeks. "I'm sorry"

——————————-

"(Y/n), are you alright?" Bums voice, making my eyes open up.

"Y-yeah..." I felt a bit dizzy, unconsciously I placed my hand on my forehead, hoping it would help.

"You must've fell asleep while I was upstairs."

I was finally able to sit up, once I did the first thing I saw was Bums cute smile, while most of his body was covered in new bruises and cuts.

It almost felt like I swallowed glue, I couldn't speak, but my chest began to ache. "...I'm sorry" was all I could mutter.

Bum tilted his head like a puppy, confused for a moment. After a few moments he realized what I was talking about. Soon the tilt turned into a shake. "Don't apologize. It's not your fault" his voice was softer then usual.

"I know but.. if I actually listened to him neither of us-" it was impossible to finish my sentence. Before I could, Bum quickly leaned in, gently pressing his lips against my chapped ones.

My eyes widened while the rest of my face turned bright pink. Our lips locked, as my heart began to pound.

(A/n)
I've decided to continue. :^)