Chapter Three

LYRA
________

The following day, I was in the courtyard with Jasmine's two younger sisters, Alana and Josie, going on a stroll before I had to ready myself to meet the pack as their Luna. I was petrified, but there was no way out of it. Gabriel would not take any more of my excuses now that I was eighteen, as promised.

I couldn't even see Ava and Jaxon to cry my frustration out to them, because the girl had found her mate and was busy with him, whilst the pack kept Jaxon occupied. They were both aware of my struggles, but there was nothing either of them could do. Jaxon tried to visit me as much as he could, and Ava prayed that I found my mate before I could become Alpha Gabriel's Luna.

I was so immersed in my thoughts that I hadn't realised I was now alone. The sisters were nowhere in sight which was odd. They were always glued to me usually.

"Are you sure that's her?"

An unfamiliar male voice made me freeze. The courtyard was reserved for the girls in the pack house, it was prohibited for anyone else. The thought made me panic.

"Hmm," another voice filled the area. "She's the only one here, so I guess?"

Turning around, I came face to face with two very tall males. The taller one, had black hair and golden brown eyes that were looking at me directly. The latter and slightly shorter, had golden soft curls. His blue eyes were searching mine for something, but I wasn't sure what.

I didn't know who they were or what they were doing in the courtyard.

I frowned.

The two men glanced at each other quickly, before the taller one nodded. "That's her."

Before I could even think twice, one of them had wrapped their hand around my mouth and was pulling me along with him. What the heck. I urged for my Wolf to dominate, but before she could react, my vision deteriorated. The feeling of being carried was the last thing that I was aware of before darkness consumed me.

My eyes fluttered open, meeting with an unfamiliar ceiling. For a moment, I was confused as to where I was. When my eyes met with the now-familiar pair of boys, I panicked when memories of them taking me from the flower garden came rushing back.

My breathing hitched as I took in my surroundings.

There were bars separating the two men from me, and I was placed on a bed that was the only furniture in the cell.

"You're awake," the dark haired man stated.

I squinted my eyes in an attempt to see him clearly since it was so dark.

"Where am I?" I croaked, my throat dry.

"Somewhere where your pack is not," the curly haired man taunted, but there was no amusement behind his words.

"Why am I here?" I whispered, my throat burning.

"Let's see," the dark haired said, coming closer to the metal bars. "Your Alpha won't back away, what other way to stop him than taking his mate?"

I snorted at his words. "Is that what you really think?"

There was no way Gabriel would settle feuds over me. Not possible at all. If anything, a mere Wolf like me would die uselessly.